i'm in the same boat as you sometimes, Laura. Its not very often it happens - my imessage does work majority(99%) of the time, but there are times i go to send one, close out - and realize after 15mins or so i havent recd a response-because i dont pay too much attention to my phone sometimes i dont hear it go off, so when i open the msg app i then discover the "!" message send failure thing. Thats when i get annoyed, tap on it and 'send as text msg'

aaaaand there are a very rare few that i've imessaged, it says delivered, and never really was
    Mine was to a friend that I text daily. I was working with my horse in the round pen and not really paying attention then got busy and by the time I realized I hadn't heard back from her, I checked my iPhone and the iMessage was still trying to send. Full 5 bar 3G signal and my data worked, but iMessage didn't It's been spotty and works for the most part, but for me at least, SMS/MMS has been more reliable, especially in some situations.
    06-08-2012 04:57 PM
    Neat feature but falls waaaaaay short of BBM.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2012 10:19 PM
    Neat feature but falls waaaaaay short of BBM.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    BBM? That program is great but it's on the worst phones in the world. The only thing RIM has left.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    06-09-2012 10:27 PM
    BBM? That program is great but it's on the worst phones in the world. The only thing RIM has left.
    And it only works if other people you know have BBs which in my case is one person. When I got my first BB I had about 30 BBM contacts. When I left, I had three. Two have since moved on to Android.

At least with iMessage, iOS knows whether the other person that you're texting has an iPhone or not. If not, it goes through as a text. If so, it's an iMessage. Can't say that for BBM.
    06-11-2012 02:33 PM
    iMessage works fine. Don't get what the trouble is with it.
    06-11-2012 11:20 PM
    I know my iPhone very well and I think iMessage sucks beyond belief!!!
    05-17-2013 06:45 PM
    What is it about Apple lovers that they can never admit that Apple isn't perfect and find it necessary to call those who live in the real world trolls when you don't like what they say??? I have an iPhone and know how to use it more so than the average person and I'm here to tell you iMessage is a huge flop and is extremely buggy!!! I wonder if those who don't experience problems even use it on a large scale? I have used it to try and keep in touch with relatives on the east cost who have iDevices and it is worthless!
    It does what it was intended to do without problems. What more do you want?

I smell troll.
    05-17-2013 06:58 PM
    This is what is wrong with iMessage...Imessage sucks-photo-may-17-4-05-53-pm.png.jpgImessage sucks-photo-may-17-4-06-16-pm.png.jpg
    Nothing.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
    05-17-2013 07:13 PM
    I think you are over reacting. Most of the time imessage works well. Sometimes it does not. It can happen, the servers can fail at Apple. Stuff like that happens with technology. I know the frustration when imessage fails, but you are over reacting. Just turn it off during the times that it does not work and go with regular texts. That is what I do.
    jclisenby likes this.
    05-17-2013 09:08 PM
    I know my iPhone very well and I think iMessage sucks beyond belief!!!
    then turn iMessage off.. BBm relies on their servers to work, and if(it does/did) go down then BBm will not work... why not rely on email or a friggin text or better yet pick up a pen and paper and write a darn letter... oh wait... there is a thing called a PHONE.. effin techie cry babies these days
    05-17-2013 10:05 PM
    People are upset because iMessage was used as a big selling point, and now it often doesn't work. Why wouldn't they be upset??

Don't sell me a car with A/C and then tell me to roll down the window.
    05-18-2013 02:04 AM
    People are upset because iMessage was used as a big selling point, and now it often doesn't work. Why wouldn't they be upset??

Don't sell me a car with A/C and then tell me to roll down the window.
    You are exaggerating again. It works a large majority of the time. A very few times it does fail. When it does it falls back to regular text. Sometimes it gives an error message. It happens. Technology is not perfect.

The AC can stop working on your car and you will have to fix it. It will run out of r134a and you will have to refill it. Stuff like that happens.
    05-18-2013 03:01 AM
    Are you for real, iMessages are the best.
    05-18-2013 07:38 AM
    And let's not forget the fact that if you're sending a message to your Android buddy, you're not using iMessage - you're using SMS, just like on any other phone. And more often it's the carrier having issues.
    05-18-2013 08:39 AM
    I find my iMessage goes in spurts of functioning great to functioning at 50%. By that I mean I will have days once in a while where half of my iMessage messages get sent by text instead, even with full service or wifi. That or certain people it sends to fine and other iPhone users it won't send to using iMessage even when they have service and its turned on (usually my wife....of course).

That being said its a very transient issue and I would never give up my iPhone because of it. I left BB about 18 months ago because there were weeks on end where BBM was useless. RIM has issues getting their s*%t together. All in all iMessage has been much more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-18-2013 09:46 AM
    I love Apple, but iMessage has serious issues. For instance: none of my devices are in syncmessages that show up on my iPhone sometimes arrive a day later or never appear at all on my iPad or Mac, despite having the same setup. There are any number of similar reports in the Apple community support forums.

And since my iPad is wifi-only, it's never going to "fall back to regular text." I simply won't be able to use iMessage. How is this an exaggeration?

If it were so small an issue I doubt iMore would have devoted an article to the subject: http://www.imore.com/imessage-down-again

"Apple's iMessage service, their iOS and OS X SMS- and MMS- like service, is currently down for a lot of users. It's been going down fairly regularly as of late, though not for lengthy periods of time. Game Center, Apple's online gaming service, has also gone down or suffered from poor service over the last week.

Everything goes down. Google goes down. Amazon does down. RIM goes down. Microsoft goes down. We go down. But reliability is a feature and if something goes down or suffers from poor services too often, or even if perception starts to give people that impression, it's a problem."
    Last edited by Massie; 05-18-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    05-18-2013 10:44 AM
    Never had a problem with iMessage. Use it daily here in China.
    05-18-2013 12:02 PM
    In have my iPhone, iPad, and Mac all set up using iMessage. Outside of Apple outages my iMessages stay in sync on all three devices and work 100% of the time. Maybe there are some issues on your network causing the issues. I had a client who couldn't access iMessage or other apple services when on their network. Come to find out the firewall was preventing these connections.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-18-2013 12:18 PM
    then turn iMessage off.. BBm relies on their servers to work, and if(it does/did) go down then BBm will not work... why not rely on email or a friggin text or better yet pick up a pen and paper and write a darn letter... oh wait... there is a thing called a PHONE.. effin techie cry babies these days
    Yes, I can relate to there being a lot of cry baby's on this forum Joey...

There is also a lot of extremely immature people that seem to spend there time attacking those simply looking for answers. Seriously, what is wrong with some of you???
    05-18-2013 10:25 PM
    Never had a problem with iMessage. Use it daily here in China.
    Very helpful, I never had a problem with iMessage on the moon...
    05-18-2013 10:28 PM
    Very helpful, I never had a problem with iMessage on the moon...
    It's unfortunate, then, that you're having so many problems with it here on Earth.
    Alli likes this.
    05-18-2013 10:37 PM
    I love Apple, but iMessage has serious issues. For instance: none of my devices are in syncmessages that show up on my iPhone sometimes arrive a day later or never appear at all on my iPad or Mac, despite having the same setup. There are any number of similar reports in the Apple community support forums.
    This is my only issue with iMessages. Inconsistent syncing between iPhone, iPad & MacBook Air. What worse, if I'm lucky enough to received an iMessage that displayed on all three, I may have to delete the iMessages separately on all three.

Good Luck
    05-18-2013 10:44 PM
    The worst thing is, when you call apple, they are clueless and cannot help with the problem.
    05-20-2013 01:18 AM
    Dude stop whining my god.
    05-24-2013 09:15 PM
    I don't have any problems with iMessage. It works perfectly every time.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    05-24-2013 09:58 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD