9 out of 10 people I regularly txt are running iOS5 and I'm seriously considering dropping my unlimited texting plan since iMessage is free.

Anyone already make the leap?
    03-26-2012 03:26 AM
    Nope, because it's the unlimited texting plan that gives me my free mobile to any mobile calls.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    03-26-2012 06:43 AM
    I'm not because most of my friends are on Android or blackberry
    03-26-2012 07:19 AM
    It would be very interesting to run without it for a while, because most of my friends are now on iDevices. But one of my best friends, whom I text hundreds of time within a week, absolutely REFUSES adamantly to buy Apple products.

If only I could convince him somehow... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-26-2012 08:03 AM
    Verizon gave me unlimited text for free a year ago so I might as well keep it.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dx3bhl
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-26-2012 08:22 AM
    Nope, because it's the unlimited texting plan that gives me my free mobile to any mobile calls.
    This is the main reason I have it as well.

And the fact that I have 3 teenagers!!
    03-26-2012 08:23 AM
    unlimited is for the birds. If you're on one, then your carrier duped you. I'm on a 500 text limit a month which includes free mobile to mobile texting. I can't hit the limit even if i try. I've never made it to 100, but on the mobile to mobile and imessage side, I can hit anywhere from 500-1000
    03-26-2012 10:00 AM
    unlimited is for the birds. If you're on one, then your carrier duped you. I'm on a 500 text limit a month which includes free mobile to mobile texting. I can't hit the limit even if i try. I've never made it to 100, but on the mobile to mobile and imessage side, I can hit anywhere from 500-1000
    Well so far this month I'm at 1200 and that's not counting iMessage, so unlimited is not for the birds!
    Fausty82 likes this.
    03-26-2012 10:33 AM
    Well so far this month I'm at 1200 and that's not counting iMessage, so unlimited is not for the birds!
    My son's record is 10,000 in a single month.

Are you on an Older/Grandfathered plan? AT&T has only Unlimited or nothing SMS plans now unless I am mistaken. I am not sure what VZ or TMo do though.

As I said above, my kids put THOUSANDS of text per month on their phones and that is with iMessage. Nt all teenagers gave iPhones so....

I personally could do away with SMS and just go with iMessage and WhatsApp but with the kids we just keep the Family Unlimited plan.
    03-26-2012 11:08 AM
    unlimited is for the birds. If you're on one, then your carrier duped you.
    tell that to my bank account..

i have 5 lines and only using a 700 min voice plan. without the Unlimited texting/Unlimited Mobile to ANY Mobile i'd be ****ed. i have yet to go over my 700 min per month in the year i have had this particular rate plan AND if i were i have more rollover minutes you can shake a stick at

total average texts per month (collectively): 3500-8000
    03-26-2012 11:38 AM
    What carrier do you have? I have sprint which includes unlimited mobile - mobile and unlimited texts, but it sounds like you're talking about something different.
    03-26-2012 11:44 AM
    What carrier do you have? I have sprint which includes unlimited mobile - mobile and unlimited texts, but it sounds like you're talking about something different.
    I believe that's AT&T that gives you unlimited mobile to any mobile with unlimited texts, I could be wrong though
    03-26-2012 11:46 AM
    My son's record is 10,000 in a single month.

Are you on an Older/Grandfathered plan? AT&T has only Unlimited or nothing SMS plans now unless I am mistaken. I am not sure what VZ or TMo do though.

As I said above, my kids put THOUSANDS of text per month on their phones and that is with iMessage. Nt all teenagers gave iPhones so....

I personally could do away with SMS and just go with iMessage and WhatsApp but with the kids we just keep the Family Unlimited plan.
    Nope. It's just a normal option you can choose. There was a 250 option with no mobile to mobile for $5, the 500 option with mobile to mobile for $10, a 1000 option with no mobile to mobile also for $10, and unlimited for $20. Actually now I think they got rid of the 250 texts option.
    03-26-2012 12:00 PM
    NOTE: I am not a 14 year old girl, therefore, I do not text all day every day
    03-26-2012 12:06 PM
    That's the main reason that I keep it... Plus not all of our family has converted to iOS yet... still 3 holdouts on the Android platform... plus my iPhone is also my pager for work... no iMessage on my company's mainframe.
    03-26-2012 12:08 PM
    NOTE: I am not a 14 year old girl, therefore, I do not text all day every day
    Neither am I... I'm approaching 60 years old... and last month I had almost 6,000 texts plus iMessage...

That's why Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors... different strokes for different folks... each situation is different and unique... pick the plan that serves you best...
    03-26-2012 12:12 PM
    9 out of 10 people I regularly txt are running iOS5 and I'm seriously considering dropping my unlimited texting plan since iMessage is free.

Haven't/won't switch because I don't trust iMessage's reliability very much. Have had too many fails or messages get seemingly "lost" for hours.
    03-26-2012 12:17 PM
    Neither am I... I'm approaching 60 years old... and last month I had almost 6,000 texts plus iMessage...

That's why Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors... different strokes for different folks... each situation is different and unique... pick the plan that serves you best...
    You should look into quitting your day job and becoming a professional texter
    03-27-2012 09:57 AM
    I have that unlimited text 'thing', too. So I can't see myself using iMessage only. In addition, I have friends and family in London (am in Atlanta) that I converse with. It would be costly to do it all via text\sms...
    03-27-2012 12:36 PM

If you don't use it, why pay for it?
    03-27-2012 01:17 PM
    If you don't use it, why pay for it?
    I'm about 50 texts under the limit of the lowest plan, so I'm seriously considering it. Really all it would take is one nonIOS5 user to go nuts and send a bunch of texts. Pretty messed up I get charged to send AND receive SMS. That would be awesome if ios5 had the option to block texts from individual numbers
    03-27-2012 01:53 PM
    That's how it is with mine. 450 anytime minutes, unlimited anytime M2M minutes, unlimited texting all together when I bought the 450 minute plan through Verizon.

I had that with Sprint. I got the unlimited data nand they offered unlimited texts.

I believe that's AT&T that gives you unlimited mobile to any mobile with unlimited texts, I could be wrong though
    Verizon used to offer the plan I have. I've been with Big Red for over a year now and I don't believe they offer the plan I have, but I just pay for the 450 minutes and my messaging and M2M calling is thrown in as part of the minute package.
    04-11-2012 10:12 AM
    I use the 1000 plan and I use about 100 a month, still cheaper than paying by individual text. I don't text very much. If not for Siri I would ignore all texts.
    04-13-2012 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD