iMessage only: Anyone NOT have an unlimited texting plan?

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
9 out of 10 people I regularly txt are running iOS5 and I'm seriously considering dropping my unlimited texting plan since iMessage is free.

Anyone already make the leap?

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
It would be very interesting to run without it for a while, because most of my friends are now on iDevices. But one of my best friends, whom I text hundreds of time within a week, absolutely REFUSES adamantly to buy Apple products.

If only I could convince him somehow... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
unlimited is for the birds. If you're on one, then your carrier duped you. I'm on a 500 text limit a month which includes free mobile to mobile texting. I can't hit the limit even if i try. I've never made it to 100, but on the mobile to mobile and imessage side, I can hit anywhere from 500-1000

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
unlimited is for the birds. If you're on one, then your carrier duped you. I'm on a 500 text limit a month which includes free mobile to mobile texting. I can't hit the limit even if i try. I've never made it to 100, but on the mobile to mobile and imessage side, I can hit anywhere from 500-1000

Well so far this month I'm at 1200 and that's not counting iMessage, so unlimited is not for the birds!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Well so far this month I'm at 1200 and that's not counting iMessage, so unlimited is not for the birds!

My son's record is 10,000 in a single month.:eek:

Are you on an Older/Grandfathered plan? AT&T has only Unlimited or nothing SMS plans now unless I am mistaken. I am not sure what VZ or TMo do though.

As I said above, my kids put THOUSANDS of text per month on their phones and that is with iMessage. Nt all teenagers gave iPhones so....

I personally could do away with SMS and just go with iMessage and WhatsApp but with the kids we just keep the Family Unlimited plan.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
unlimited is for the birds. If you're on one, then your carrier duped you.

tell that to my bank account..

i have 5 lines and only using a 700 min voice plan. without the Unlimited texting/Unlimited Mobile to ANY Mobile i'd be ****ed. i have yet to go over my 700 min per month in the year i have had this particular rate plan AND if i were i have more rollover minutes you can shake a stick at

total average texts per month (collectively): 3500-8000

reltm

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Nope, because it's the unlimited texting plan that gives me my free mobile to any mobile calls.

What carrier do you have? I have sprint which includes unlimited mobile - mobile and unlimited texts, but it sounds like you're talking about something different.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
What carrier do you have? I have sprint which includes unlimited mobile - mobile and unlimited texts, but it sounds like you're talking about something different.

I believe that's AT&T that gives you unlimited mobile to any mobile with unlimited texts, I could be wrong though :)

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My son's record is 10,000 in a single month.:eek:

Are you on an Older/Grandfathered plan? AT&T has only Unlimited or nothing SMS plans now unless I am mistaken. I am not sure what VZ or TMo do though.

As I said above, my kids put THOUSANDS of text per month on their phones and that is with iMessage. Nt all teenagers gave iPhones so....

I personally could do away with SMS and just go with iMessage and WhatsApp but with the kids we just keep the Family Unlimited plan.
Nope. It's just a normal option you can choose. There was a 250 option with no mobile to mobile for $5, the 500 option with mobile to mobile for $10, a 1000 option with no mobile to mobile also for $10, and unlimited for $20. Actually now I think they got rid of the 250 texts option.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Nope, because it's the unlimited texting plan that gives me my free mobile to any mobile calls.

That's the main reason that I keep it... Plus not all of our family has converted to iOS yet... still 3 holdouts on the Android platform... plus my iPhone is also my pager for work... no iMessage on my company's mainframe. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
NOTE: I am not a 14 year old girl, therefore, I do not text all day every day

Neither am I... I'm approaching 60 years old... and last month I had almost 6,000 texts plus iMessage...

That's why Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors... different strokes for different folks... each situation is different and unique... pick the plan that serves you best...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
9 out of 10 people I regularly txt are running iOS5 and I'm seriously considering dropping my unlimited texting plan since iMessage is free.

Anyone already make the leap?

Haven't/won't switch because I don't trust iMessage's reliability very much. Have had too many fails or messages get seemingly "lost" for hours.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Neither am I... I'm approaching 60 years old... and last month I had almost 6,000 texts plus iMessage...

That's why Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors... different strokes for different folks... each situation is different and unique... pick the plan that serves you best...
You should look into quitting your day job and becoming a professional texter

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I have that unlimited text 'thing', too. So I can't see myself using iMessage only. In addition, I have friends and family in London (am in Atlanta) that I converse with. It would be costly to do it all via text\sms...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods