My husband and I have had iMessage issues ever since we got the 4S's on launch day. Messages won't send or take forever to send and won't automatically send as texts if iMessage fails (Which was a lot!).

Friends in different areas and on other carriers have had issues such as missed and unsent/unreceived messages as well. I communicate with my clients via text messaging and I can't afford to miss their replies or have them miss my notices and details.

We have all since turned off iMessaging and just use texting since we all have unlimited texting anyway. No problems since.
    02-06-2012 10:52 PM
    I only have issues if reception is poor other that that no issue here

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    02-06-2012 11:33 PM
    iMessage is always up and down for me especially when messaging my daughter who is using my old 3GS. The message starts off as an iMessage but after hitting sent the message later turns green meaning it went through as a SMS instead.
    02-07-2012 10:34 AM
    I've been having the same issues with it. It's very frustrating. I really hope the next update fixes it!
    02-07-2012 12:02 PM
    Don't worry, this happens to me on my iPhone 4S, too. I don't think we have an ultimate solution.
    02-09-2012 11:43 AM
    I decided to pull the trigger and just shut mine off yesterday, maybe in the near future I'll turn it back on. Who knows !!
    02-09-2012 12:44 PM
    My husband and I have had iMessage issues ever since we got the 4S's on launch day. Messages won't send or take forever to send and won't automatically send as texts if iMessage fails (Which was a lot!).

Friends in different areas and on other carriers have had issues such as missed and unsent/unreceived messages as well. I communicate with my clients via text messaging and I can't afford to miss their replies or have them miss my notices and details.

We have all since turned off iMessaging and just use texting since we all have unlimited texting anyway. No problems since.
    Charging for text messages in smartphone plans that also have a data plan is the biggest fraud that nobody seems particularly angry about.

Texting was more popular in Europe than here until it started to take off with the QWERTY slider phones, and especially with the iPhone. Which was ironic because the iPhone was the first widely popular smartphone that also should've been able to circumvent the need to send texts with apps that use data.

So now we have these holdover charges from a time when data harder to transmit and more expensive, and people pay $30 a month for 2 GB of data and $10 a month for a 1000 texts (Verizon plan) when the data required to send those texts is, what, a handful of megabytes? How does that make any sense?

And yet, people still carry text plans even if they have iMessage, BBM, or an IM app because they're afraid somebody will start texting them anyway, and they'll get hit at 10 cents per text. Sorry, rant over, but I just don't get it.
    02-09-2012 01:13 PM
    Charging for text messages in smartphone plans that also have a data plan is the biggest fraud that nobody seems particularly angry about.

Texting was more popular in Europe than here until it started to take off with the QWERTY slider phones, and especially with the iPhone. Which was ironic because the iPhone was the first widely popular smartphone that also should've been able to circumvent the need to send texts with apps that use data.

So now we have these holdover charges from a time when data harder to transmit and more expensive, and people pay $30 a month for 2 GB of data and $10 a month for a 1000 texts (Verizon plan) when the data required to send those texts is, what, a handful of megabytes? How does that make any sense?

And yet, people still carry text plans even if they have iMessage, BBM, or an IM app because they're afraid somebody will start texting them anyway, and they'll get hit at 10 cents per text. Sorry, rant over, but I just don't get it.

I used to work for a call centre that did business for Verizon (they had partnered with the telecom we had a contract with and Verizon handled their wireless). I remember seeing Americans say how expensive Canadian plans were compared to theirs. Now, from what you just said, Verizon is charging $40 a month for 1000 texts and 2Gb of data?

Good lord, I'm paying $65 a month for a plan that includes 10 nationwide numbers no long distance, 200 anytime minutes, unlimited nights/weekends at 6pm, 6Gb of data and unlimited picture/video/text.

Yes. 6gb. And it includes tethering

Verizon is hosing you guys! /derail

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-06-2012 09:29 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD