Is any one else having problems with iMessage?

TechNyne666

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
It's kinda slow but this happens once in a while. It's probably because many users are trying to send messages at the same time.

If it is too slow tomorrow, try turning off iMessage and put your iPhone in Airplane Mode for 30 seconds and turn it back on and see if it's a little faster. if it is too slow after you do that, do a clean restore with iTunes.

hope this helped!:D

its acually a problem we are haveing with the iphone 4 and 3gs, the new update 5.1 will fix a lot of stuff

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused by some posts here...my understanding (from Apple's instructions) was that if I have an iPad2 and an iPhone 4s signed in with the same Apple ID, somebody could just send a message to one device but not the other by specifying my phone number (to the iPhone) or email address (to the iPad).

Isn't that right?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was having an issue with iMessage yesterday. I had to tx my hubby at 3:30 about something VERY important. He has a profession that if he can respond he will, most times he reads it & then calls me later. SO I fig'd he recd my msg but was in a situation that he couldn't respond. Finally at 5:15 when I further updated my msg, he freaked out & was like--I just recd ALL of your msg now. BTW-all of my messages said "delivered" each time too.

That was indeed frustrating !!

Prior to that during the day, my iMessage to my daughter wouldn't send with the "message failed" and "!" in red-I had to physically go in and tap "send as text" because it didn't automatically do it.....

I understand iMessage can be spotty depending in both parties coverage, but what hap'd with my hubby's yesterday I was just smfh because it did say they delivered.

CH1N087

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
YES! My wife sends me texts all of the time from her Android, and sometimes they come through fine, and sometimes they're delayed HOURS. Very irritating.

Brett
Correct me if I'm wrong, but iMessage is only available from one iOS device to another...android need not apply. If you're talking text messages though, then that issue might be with the carrier.

michal101

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Create Backup of ipad messages Along With Data

lately my messages with my friends with other iPhones are not going through, it either takes for ever to send and then eventually it automatically sends it as a text message or I don't receive any messages when they send me a message. This is getting a bit frustrated.

this problem with iPhone can be due to various kind of reasons. these messages eventually can be deleted or lost. so to protect their you have to create backup of these with iTune or other backup tool. iphone is a very latest product of Apple. It is very much liked by smartphone users. This is featured with latest technology and latest way to use the iPhone. It is used to save so many important and reliable informations. But sometime, it can be lost or deleted due to any unexpected reasons. That time it is need to get back. To do so, have to do lots of stuff. It is better to create backup of those important data. Itune is default way to create backup but it is very slow method and sometime irritating. Except it u have to use any third party tool to create backup. There are lots of iphone backup tool is available in the market you can choose any of them to ensure the protection of iPhone data.
For more information:- iPhone 4 Backup - Backup iPhone 4s and 4 Data

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually having issues sending photos via wi-fi. I decided to search on Twitter to see if anybody had the same issue and I've seen a number of tweets saying they can't send photos either. My mother can still send pic iMessages and so can my friend, which is interesting since we're on the same plan.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iMessage as well as sending photos with it is working fine for me. No problems to speak of as of yet.

kojak

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
FWIW. iMessage has not been working for my wife and I since this past friday night. It was working flawlessly up until that point. we are located east of Tampa and my wife is currently in Ft. Lauderdale

However we can still iMessage back and forth to our iPads connected to wifi. This makes me wonder if it is a problem with AT&T data right now.

I would not think it was TS Isaac passing through that caused the problems, as that storm was still south of Florida when iMessage stopped working for us.

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused by some posts here...my understanding (from Apple's instructions) was that if I have an iPad2 and an iPhone 4s signed in with the same Apple ID, somebody could just send a message to one device but not the other by specifying my phone number (to the iPhone) or email address (to the iPad).

Isn't that right?

It technically IS correct but the system is a bit flawed. For some reason, the devices (my devices, at least) don't always sync. I can be having a conversation with my wife via iMessage on our phones but then I hop on my iPad and none of the conversations are there. I send her a new message and it starts a new thread on her phone (which is irritating) but not on my phone. Then, sometimes I start a conversation with my brother and it is syncing just fine on both our iPads, or just his or just mine. Its annoying because if the wrong thread is accessed, she might send me a message and if it goes to my iPad only, I might not get it because I only have my phone on me.

Also, I have been having issues my iMessage taking forever to send a message, then coming back unable to send so I will send as a text. Full Bars, 3G logo on the phone but no iMessage. Well, I found out when this happens, ALL data stops responding on my phone. No apps will load, no webages, nothing. It all drops. Not sure if it is a hardware issue, a software issue, or network issue. Its getting ridiculous, though.

kojak

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
I have hard reset my phone a number of times as well as reset nework settings and turned off iMessage reboot phone and log back into iMessage and none of this has made a difference for us. The only thing I have not tried is a complete wipe or reinstall of the OS. To be honest at this point I am not sure that would solve the problem either, as it was working fine till this past Friday.

It may sound silly to some but having the delivered and read receipts is one feature we depend on while my wife is traveling for work. So it is kind of a big deal for me.

Srenit

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
iMessage doesn't show up for me at all in text window. It was working intermittently like 3 months ago. So because it wasn't working I've just used Facebook messenger which is annoying cause have to wait for the other person to be on for response.

Anyway what's the deal? Why have it as option when doesn't work?

Kevin1941

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
My ipod won't let me even sign in anymore it jus say verifying and goes back to the main imessage screen I'm lost any suggestions? All are appreciated

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My ipod won't let me even sign in anymore it jus say verifying and goes back to the main imessage screen I'm lost any suggestions? All are appreciated

Try turning iMessage off completely, rebooting your iPod (power+home) then turning it back on. Sometimes it just gets stuck.

aye_its_melissahh

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been having problems with iMessage. I have an iPod and my boyfriend has an iPhone so we message on iMessage. He receives all my messages but when we messages me it takes 30min+ to get his messages. Thisis VERY frustrating and completely ruins our plans. I've shut iMessage off and back on and it still is doing it :mad:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been having problems with iMessage. I have an iPod and my boyfriend has an iPhone so we message on iMessage. He receives all my messages but when we messages me it takes 30min+ to get his messages. Thisis VERY frustrating and completely ruins our plans. I've shut iMessage off and back on and it still is doing it :mad:

Have you tried the procedure posted in the reply just above yours?

ladycam

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes, me!! Thought it was only my iPhone then I got a new iPad Air, it was ok till the last update!! Frustrating!! I depend on my text app. Wish apple would fix it for once & for all!!! ;);):big-hug:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, me!! Thought it was only my iPhone then I got a new iPad Air, it was ok till the last update!! Frustrating!! I depend on my text app. Wish apple would fix it for once & for all!!! ;);):big-hug:

My wife and I are not having those problems with iMessage. Are your signals strong for wifi and cellular?