imessage not sending pictures, but says delivered

voodoochild1979

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
This seems to work!

Hey guys - this fix seems to work - looks like AnyRing is the offending Cydia app - or perhaps any other app that affects ringtones. Anyway - I followed these instructions and removed AnyRing and so far it works...

MacRumors Forums - View Single Post - Untethered Jailbreak 5.0.1 iMessage send Pics don't work.

1. Went in cydia.
2. Uninstalled Anyring
3. Shut imessage and turned of mms from "Settings, messages"
4. Rebooted
5. Turned on the imessage and mms (waited for activation).
6. Imessage can now send pics and facetime works again

wylderubicon

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
having the same iMessage problems

on 4s (not jailbroken)

some imessages go through and some don't. probably 1 out of 30 go through at this point.

Concern is that the "Delivered" displayed on my phone is not true. it should not say delivered if in fact it wasn't

This is a big issue, since its a false assurance. I can only trust messages that said "read". however, unlike BBM on blackberry where it gives you a D or and R for each message, iMassage only gives you delivered or read on the last presumed message sent.

problem is that its almost impossible to tell if the other person got the message unless you ask them flat out. Sure you get a sense that the convo is a bit off, but that is normal in txt message convos.

restarting imassage or asking someone else to restart their imassage every so often is an unacceptable answer. Sure if non of your messages are going through I understand to do so, but in this case, it is not.

bottom line, if it wasnt delivered, it should not say delivered.

This is really bothering me since iMessage was the number 1 reason I dumped my blackberry.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
on 4s (not jailbroken)

some imessages go through and some don't. probably 1 out of 30 go through at this point.

Concern is that the "Delivered" displayed on my phone is not true. it should not say delivered if in fact it wasn't

This is a big issue, since its a false assurance. I can only trust messages that said "read". however, unlike BBM on blackberry where it gives you a D or and R for each message, iMassage only gives you delivered or read on the last presumed message sent.

problem is that its almost impossible to tell if the other person got the message unless you ask them flat out. Sure you get a sense that the convo is a bit off, but that is normal in txt message convos.

restarting imassage or asking someone else to restart their imassage every so often is an unacceptable answer. Sure if non of your messages are going through I understand to do so, but in this case, it is not.

bottom line, if it wasnt delivered, it should not say delivered.

This is really bothering me since iMessage was the number 1 reason I dumped my blackberry.
I hear you (as a former BlackBerry user). I confirm everything written there, and the rate of about "1 out of every 30" failing sounds about right. Which is an awful damn lot if you depend on it as a line of communication with a spouse, etc. iMessage was a great addition to the last OS, but until they fix it, it's no BBM, and you could probably argue it isn't as good as WhatsApp or any number of the cross-platform chat programs out there.

If the recipient is having any kind of connection problem, the message (and more often, photos) will not go through. Obviously, this is to be accepted. But what isn't acceptable is that the sender never gets an error message, nor does iMessage ever try to re-send the message so it can be received after connection is restored. You really should have BOTH of these features, but going with out at least one of them makes it pretty darn unreliable. I have no problem with a message system that occasionally fails to send a message, but if you don't even tell me it fails, I'm assuming this whole time it got through. What's sad is that I'll probably just start emailing pictures because at least I know that they will inevitably get sent, even if there's a connection issue at the time.

"Delivered", I think, is not supposed to be an indication that the recipient got the message. It's more equivalent to "sent", which means it successfully left your phone. There is no indicator for the message being actually transmitted to the other phone, nor is there one for when the recipient visually looks at it. This is probably one of my major gripes with iOS 5. Obviously, it's great to not have to use all those texts, but it should work at least as well as many of the free messaging apps that already have these features.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
For me it ended up being Copic that was causing the problem. I turned off iMessage, Unistalled Copic from cydia, hard reboot, turned imessage back on. Works fine now.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I removed copic. Worked for a day. Still can't figure out the issue. Now my pics say delivered for a second but I now get the failed !. So I have up and just turned off iMessage. It really doesn't do anything regular SMS does for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jas God

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
just started havin this problem over this past weekend. bout to restore and re-jb. it def had to be an update from an installed cydia tweak, jus not sure which one.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
just started havin this problem over this past weekend. bout to restore and re-jb. it def had to be an update from an installed cydia tweak, jus not sure which one.

When I restored pics were still an issue for me. But i didn't spend a lot of time trying it out. I didn't setup as new iPhone used backup. At this point I can't seem to figure out the cause. But as I posted earlier things work fine with iMessage off.

anon(4754607)

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Same Problem - iMessage

My iMessages was working fine since I bought my iP4S on launch day. As of about 2 weeks ago, it stopped sending pics, even though it said "delivered".
While my phone WAS j/b'n, I did a full restore as new phone, did NOT jailbreak, and it worked. Did a new j/b, it worked fine for about half the day, then no more.
I just did another full restore as a new phone, NO jailbreak, and now iMessage attempts to send photo, then I get an error that it didn't go thru.
So now it's not even working as an non-jailbroken phone.
Going to try turning off iMessage, reboot, then turn back on.
Nope...didn't work. And iMessage ran thru its validating process.
It's got to be something on Apple's end of things.
I'm just going back to my unlimited SMS till they get it fixed. I'm not restoring my phone AGAIN.
:mad:

Last edited:

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I found that worked. All the restores jailbreak mon jailbreak. I had all my family friends etc do a hard reset on their phones. And walla iMessages sends pics again. Go figure.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I removed copic. Worked for a day. Still can't figure out the issue. Now my pics say delivered for a second but I now get the failed !. So I have up and just turned off iMessage. It really doesn't do anything regular SMS does for me.

Mine stopped working again for some reason too. After I removed copic it worked for half a day. I then reinstalled copic and it was still working. Few days later problem cropped up again. Uninstall copic, but it still isnt working now. Although at least now, I get a "not delivered" error message instead of it saying delivered and not actually going through. Time to start the process of elimination again to see what is causing it now.

BMBSALES

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
i too have had this problem multiple times. so far it was intellID and the newest update to iCaughtU Pro (before these last few updates, it was fine).

and if this saves anyone else time...running list app crashes phone when most notifications pop, and one of the two color popup themes for winterboard, stops your mail popups from occuring at all. the one where color names are in spanish works fine.

hope this info helps...as i registered to share it, because someone on another forum saved me LOADS of time with that quarter screen thing with i believe status notifier.

i find that anything that goes near the status bar has been a problem for me.

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I too have been experiencing this issue. Very annoying. I have no idea what is causing it. I uninstalled erica utiites, rebooted and still does not work.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue a while back and the issues were related to iCaughtU Pro. I notified the developer and he had released a beta version that completely fixed it. Don't have to install siri0us or whatever, dont have to remove euricka utilities, copic doesnt cause the problem but something that would filter MMS/SMS/iMessages would cause the problem. If you have the latest iCaughtU installed and you run icleanr (great for removing old JB files), then reset imessage, everything should work perfectly.

Guys, theres an untethered JB you dont have to start off fresh when something not working. Restart the phone and hold down volume up itll start safe mode. try sending pictures to others (not yourself) in safemode. If it works then use SBSettings to eliminate probable causes, like tweaks that interact with Messages app at all. The app that causes this problem was iCaughtU so if you have a pirated version, or not the latest version delete it and reactivate imessage. this should work. I spent a week from process of elimination to figure out its not copic or ericika utilities causing the problem.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW