imessage used to work perfectly in conversations with friends of mine but lately it has become unreliable as to wether the message gets sent/received as an imessage or an sms. Last night a friend and I were having an imessage conversation, all my messages were being sent and received as imessages, about half of his were sent as sms and half as imessages right in the middle of a conversation where all my messages were blue! . We were both at home and on wifi. I've had the same with another contact too not just this one. The problem for me is sending photo's, I have no mms's including in my contract so if I send a photo and it doesnt go via imessage I have to pay for it. I always make sure it says my contact is on imessage before I send but who is to say he still will be by the time it is sent with it being unreliable. Anyone else having problems? Thinking about it I didn't have this problem before ios 5.01 so maybe it was introduced with that.
    11-28-2011 06:55 AM
    imessage used to work perfectly in conversations with friends of mine but lately it has become unreliable as to wether the message gets sent/received as an imessage or an sms. Last night a friend and I were having an imessage conversation, all my messages were being sent and received as imessages, about half of his were sent as sms and half as imessages right in the middle of a conversation where all my messages were blue! . We were both at home and on wifi. I've had the same with another contact too not just this one. The problem for me is sending photo's, I have no mms's including in my contract so if I send a photo and it doesnt go via imessage I have to pay for it. I always make sure it says my contact is on imessage before I send but who is to say he still will be by the time it is sent with it being unreliable. Anyone else having problems? Thinking about it I didn't have this problem before ios 5.01 so maybe it was introduced with that.
    I haven't come across this at all except for when I am on my phone, and not on wifi, and I try to send an imessage. It would just send as SMS. And that has only happened once or twice since I have been on IOS5, and not once since i upgraded until 5.0.1.
    11-28-2011 09:35 AM
    It could just be that your friend's wifi connection was going in and out. Honestly, I think the iMessage/SMS switching is pretty seemless...the only time I have it going to SMS is when I'm without a 3G connection or the other person isn't. I haven't had any problems myself. When sending photos, you have to keep in mind that it does take longer to send than a text message, so it is possible that it will switch over to MMS during the process. I don't think this is a real "issue" per se, but more of the iMessage/SMS switching feature.
    11-28-2011 10:16 AM
    I've had the same thing happen before where a conversation was filled with both green and blue message bubbles. Really weird
    11-28-2011 01:09 PM

chances are one of your data connections were going in and out..
    11-28-2011 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD