iMessage - Sound files and other questions.

Lyrad D

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
As I am fairly new to the world of iPhones...... I have a few questions.

Why can I not send sound files?? My old BlackBerry BBM was great at it and it's ok to do on my iPhone using Whatsapp. So is there a way of sending sound files on iPhone via SMS? I thought with the new iOS5 iMessage it would at least be available, but I have no idea how to. Does it not have this option? If not, has anyone read anything that would suggest it's a possiblity in the future? I think it is daft that it doesn't at the moment.

iMessage is good, but still no way near as good as BBM. Do we know of any updates to come? Things like having to go in to a message to check if it has been read. It should say 'read' under the the message when looking at your list of messages instead of having to go in to the message to check it.

It seems as good as iPhones are, they are quite limited in the basic functions. There are so many small features that could be implemented. Alot are things that wouldn't bother most people, but perfectionists like myself..... Drives me mad.

Where is the option to request a delivery report on an SMS? A delivery report in effect is a reciept for a message that I have spent money on sending, so why can I not chose to have one when I send an important message?

Why are my Whatsapp notifications showing up sometimes in my notification centre and sometimes not at all? I imagine this is to do with Whatsapp it's self. Does anyone have an answer for that? Does it happen to anyone else?

I sound like I am just moaning, I do like my iPhone and friends and workmates just think I am nitpicking. I suppose I am, but as I'm quite passionate about my phones, being on a forum means I am speaking to other passionate phone users.... So can anyone answer my questions?
Thanks.

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
As I am fairly new to the world of iPhones...... I have a few questions.

Why can I not send sound files?? My old BlackBerry BBM was great at it and it's ok to do on my iPhone using Whatsapp. So is there a way of sending sound files on iPhone via SMS? I thought with the new iOS5 iMessage it would at least be available, but I have no idea how to. Does it not have this option? If not, has anyone read anything that would suggest it's a possiblity in the future? I think it is daft that it doesn't at the moment.

iMessage is good, but still no way near as good as BBM. Do we know of any updates to come? Things like having to go in to a message to check if it has been read. It should say 'read' under the the message when looking at your list of messages instead of having to go in to the message to check it.

It seems as good as iPhones are, they are quite limited in the basic functions. There are so many small features that could be implemented. Alot are things that wouldn't bother most people, but perfectionists like myself..... Drives me mad.

Where is the option to request a delivery report on an SMS? A delivery report in effect is a reciept for a message that I have spent money on sending, so why can I not chose to have one when I send an important message?

Why are my Whatsapp notifications showing up sometimes in my notification centre and sometimes not at all? I imagine this is to do with Whatsapp it's self. Does anyone have an answer for that? Does it happen to anyone else?

I sound like I am just moaning, I do like my iPhone and friends and workmates just think I am nitpicking. I suppose I am, but as I'm quite passionate about my phones, being on a forum means I am speaking to other passionate phone users.... So can anyone answer my questions?
Thanks.

1. You can't because apple hasn't implemented this function. I suggest you leave feedback at apple.com/feedback

2. We don't know if there will be any updates to the way imessage is. We never know what apple is doing they keep things a secret.

3. as far as I know you can't do this one an iPhone and also.. its only available on certain carriers anyway from what I remember with a blackberry..

4. whatsapp notifications are up to the developer not apple try contacting the developer with there bug

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods