Me & my brother both have iPhone 4's and iOS 5 installed his iMessage works perfect for him. He can see when I read the message and when I'm typing. Mine only shows when he is typing it doesn't tell me if he read it or not it just says "delivered"
    I can figure out what to do..
    10-31-2011 05:51 PM
    Me & my brother both have iPhone 4's and iOS 5 installed his iMessage works perfect for him. He can see when I read the message and when I'm typing. Mine only shows when he is typing it doesn't tell me if he read it or not it just says "delivered"
    He needs to activate the "Read" in message settings
    10-31-2011 05:55 PM
    go to settings > messages > Send read receipts on
    10-31-2011 09:53 PM
    Yea unless the RECIPIENT turns on their read message you won't see it.

Personally I keep it off because I don't always answer right away and people get mad of you read but didn't answer ASAP
    10-31-2011 10:33 PM
    I'm so glad we get the option to turn of read receipts. If we couldn't, I'd just turn off iMesaage completely.
    11-01-2011 07:25 AM
    I really hate read receipts for work emails. Nice that the default is off for the iPhone.
    11-01-2011 03:32 PM
    10-13-2016 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD