I see no need for any type of "marker" by a contact name to differentiate between who I can iMessage and who I can't text...if the bubble is blue than tada I know!

Apple is simplicity yet functionality!
    We want to know before hand CalifJewls
    10-21-2011 06:13 PM
    I see no need for any type of "marker" by a contact name to differentiate between who I can iMessage and who I can't text...if the bubble is blue than tada I know!

Apple is simplicity yet functionality!
    bubble is blue only if you have an active iMessage chat.
    If you delete chat, there is no blue bubble.
    10-25-2011 11:07 AM
    bubble is blue only if you have an active iMessage chat.
    If you delete chat, there is no blue bubble.
    No, it does the same thing if you select the contact name to start a new conversation. After a few seconds, the name of a person on iMessage will turn blue, while those getting a regular text will remain green.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    10-25-2011 12:36 PM
    The whole advantage of iMessage is that you don't have to worry about who has an iOS5 device and who doesn't. You just send a text message and don't worry about whether it's an SMS or an iMessage. You don't have to worry about "is Pete using his iPhone 4s or his Droid 2 today?" or "is Suzy's iPad on?"
    That line of thinking doesn't work very well if you don't have unlimited texting........
    10-25-2011 01:02 PM
    If you don't have unlimited texts then make sure you look at the name at the top of the text box. Does it say new iMessage or new text?
    10-25-2011 05:50 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD