My iMessage worked fine on Friday, however as of today, it does not. When I go to set it up, it shows as toggled on, however underneath it says "waiting for activation." Now, like I said it worked fine on Friday, I have not changed any settings, what gives?
    10-16-2011 04:53 PM
    I just want the damned thing to connect I'm still stuck on the connection screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-16-2011 05:00 PM
    Can anyone help us both here?
    10-16-2011 05:16 PM
    I know personally I've already sent two messages to developers reporting me the problem

10-16-2011 05:18 PM
    I've heard of sporadic issues with it for some people a guy at my gym couldnt get them to send or anything even though he did "activate" it sorry I cant give you a def way to fix things
    10-16-2011 05:25 PM
    I ended up doing a restore and had to add all my songs back, ugh! All works now.
    10-16-2011 10:20 PM
    A restore of the whole device?

10-17-2011 05:03 PM
    Oh yeah, then I had to add all the music back in. PITA!! Anyway, I don't get any push notifications now, did for one day, Friday, disn't Saturday, restored Sunday, Monday still none. UGH!
    10-17-2011 09:35 PM
    try this: Open iMessage, under the message settings, a popup message will appear saying your carrier may charge for SMS messages and select cancel. iMessage activates itself after you have clicked cancel. But this would not fully activate itself. Instead, you activated iMessage via e-mail, so you can only send messages with your e-mail address.
    Source: FaceTime / iMessage waiting for activation, how to fix - Apple Toolbox
    02-09-2012 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD