so does imessage atuomatically kick it when you text somebody with the new ios5 software? i cant figure it out. because if you text your self the bubble will be blue and imessage will be in affect? how do u text somebody if you dont want to use imessage? thanks
    10-13-2011 11:31 AM
    When it's blue, you're texting someone with an iOS 5 iPhone and iMessage kicks in. It is not taken out of your regular text message plan, but your data I believe. When the bubbles are green, the person does not have an iPhone with iOS 5 and it will be taken out of your messaging plan. There is no way to turn it on or off.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
    10-13-2011 11:35 AM
    When it's blue, you're texting someone with an iOS 5 iPhone and iMessage kicks in. It is not taken out of your regular text message plan, but your data I believe. When the bubbles are green, the person does not have an iPhone with iOS 5 and it will be taken out of your messaging plan. There is no way to turn it on or off.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
    You are absolutely correct.
    anneemonster likes this.
    10-13-2011 11:38 AM
    In the message settings you can turn off iMessage if you dont want to use it.
    anneemonster likes this.
    10-13-2011 11:38 AM
    I like how it only shows "Delivered" and not "Read" like BlackBerrys. You have a little privacy and avoids drama
    10-13-2011 11:40 AM
    The question I have about iMessage is this:
    So if you have an iPhone and iPad syncing on the iCloud and someone on another iPhone iMessages you to your Phone number is it supposed to sync on your iPad? Because I can't seem to get that to work. But if I go from an iPhone and iMessage to an email address that is setup on iMessage on the iPad it goes to the iPad but not to the iPhone. How do you get them to all be synced?

John's iPhone sends iMessage to Paul's phone number, no message on Paul's iPad, only Paul's iPhone. If John's iPhone sends iMessage to Paul's email, Paul's iPad gets the message and not Paul's iPhone.

Hope this makes sense? Can anyone help me out?
    10-13-2011 11:54 AM
    I like how it only shows "Delivered" and not "Read" like BlackBerrys. You have a little privacy and avoids drama
    You can turn on Read Receipt if you like, and it will let the sender know when you read it.
    10-13-2011 11:57 AM
    The question I have about iMessage is this:
    So if you have an iPhone and iPad syncing on the iCloud and someone on another iPhone iMessages you to your Phone number is it supposed to sync on your iPad? Because I can't seem to get that to work. But if I go from an iPhone and iMessage to an email address that is setup on iMessage on the iPad it goes to the iPad but not to the iPhone. How do you get them to all be synced?

John's iPhone sends iMessage to Paul's phone number, no message on Paul's iPad, only Paul's iPhone. If John's iPhone sends iMessage to Paul's email, Paul's iPad gets the message and not Paul's iPhone.

Hope this makes sense? Can anyone help me out?
    As far as I can tell, it should only sync "iMessage" conversations that are sent to your email address, not your phone number, since your iPad doesn't have a texting plan, it doesn't have a phone number registered to the device. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    10-13-2011 11:59 AM
    so does imessage atuomatically kick it when you text somebody with the new ios5 software? i cant figure it out. because if you text your self the bubble will be blue and imessage will be in affect? how do u text somebody if you dont want to use imessage? thanks
    it appears that way. Just text them like normal. If they're not on iOS5 its jsut a normal text I guess.
    10-13-2011 12:11 PM
    so is imessage faster than texting? for example do the messages send and receive faster than normal texts?
    10-13-2011 12:53 PM
    so is imessage faster than texting? for example do the messages send and receive faster than normal texts?
    As far as I've been able to tell, the messages are about the same speed, with iMessage you just know when it is "delivered" to the device, where with SMS you have no clue if it ever gets there.
    10-13-2011 12:56 PM
    Go to settings, messages, iMessage then turn on or off
    06-15-2013 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD