I only picked those things as examples. The only one that might interest me is groups.

As I understand it, imessage will let you have a group chat by messaging someone, then adding someone else, and so on.
    BBM let's you assign a group of contacts into a permanent group.
    iOS does not do this. Once the conversation is over, you'd have to add people one by one all over again.

Hopefully I'm wrong about this.
    You're wrong. A conversation is never closed unless you delete it.

And even then, if someone in the conversation replies, the conversation is reopened with all of the same recipients.

Also, there are groups in iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    09-24-2011 10:43 PM
    You're wrong. A conversation is never closed unless you delete it.

And even then, if someone in the conversation replies, the conversation is reopened with all of the same recipients.

Also, there are groups in iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cool! Sometimes it's good to be wrong.

Thanks.
    09-25-2011 12:51 AM
    In a way I do kinda hate that it's not a separate messaging app with contacts,
    statuses, avatars, etc.
    FINALLY someone who understands.. lol Some of us just want an actual APP...
    09-25-2011 02:35 PM
    And it's not JUST about BBM... I also use LiveProfile, WhatsApp, and other messenger apps. I am just a fan of Messengers, with avatars, online statuses etc. For those of you that are cool with just simple sms, that's cool too- to each is own. I personally like the "chat" experience over traditional sms...
    09-25-2011 02:40 PM
    And it's not JUST about BBM... I also use LiveProfile, WhatsApp, and other messenger apps. I am just a fan of Messengers, with avatars, online statuses etc. For those of you that are cool with just simple sms, that's cool too- to each is own. I personally like the "chat" experience over traditional sms...
    No offense, but this is the dumbest debate i've ever read...so you want a chat app? Download a damn chat app...you don't like using text messages (as defined by the native apple app)? Then put it in a folder and don't use it! You're acting like iMessage eliminates your ability to use a chat app if you wanted to...

And BBM? lol...move out of the stone age bud, BBM is a prehistoric ability to talk amongst Blackberry's that only a handful of people actually care about...if you're that upset over not having it, go buy a Blackberry and stay true to the dying breed.
    09-28-2011 08:05 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD