Hi

I am running iOS 5 beta 6. I can activate iMessage. But on doing so my phone sends an international sms (perhaps to Apple for activation).

Now the problem is that each time I restart my phone I have to send an sms to activate iMessage.

Wondering if this is a bug in the beta or is this is how iMessage is supposed to work?

Cheers
    A
    08-29-2011 04:15 AM
    That sounds like a bug. Once imessage is active you should be set. Granted I don't kno a aloe lot of details, but it def does not seem right.
    08-29-2011 07:38 AM
    Bug big time. I personally am having issues just sending iMessages. They start that way and I know for a fact that my buddy is on iOS 5 Beta 6 the same as I.

Anyone else?
    08-29-2011 12:51 PM
    Hopefully they fixed that in beta 7... Sounds like an issue.
    08-31-2011 08:22 PM
    Just realised I have a similar issue with Facetime. Google threw up similar complaints from a number of people. For a lot of us the iPhone send an international sms each time Facetime is activated. The same seems true for iMessage. And they get deactivaed each time you switch off the device.

Looks like I ll have to rely on WhatsApp or hope the upcoming Chat On by Samsung is good.
    09-01-2011 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD