Wanna try imessage with me?

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I want to know what happens what happens with multiple iOS Devices. I use one account for my iPad 2 iPhones and 2 iPods. My wife and I use the same iTunes account, hope this doesn't force us to create another account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
so obviously you guys have been playing with beta iOS before. Anyone ever ended up bricking their phone? I really want to try iOS 5 but it would be on my prime phone and I can't end up with a brick.

Won't brick if you do it right, need to make sure you have your UDID registered. Or you will have a brick.

Reactions: fmflex

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
One last thing, I promise :) I was told that you need iTunes 10.5 and that will only work on a Mac. Can I get iTunes 10.5 and use a PC to do this?

Thanks everyone (especially jsntrenkler)

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I want to know what happens what happens with multiple iOS Devices. I use one account for my iPad 2 iPhones and 2 iPods. My wife and I use the same iTunes account, hope this doesn't force us to create another account.

^^ I'm interested in this also . . . there are tons of users in this same boat: 1 itunes account/Apple ID for syncing of multiple ios devices (download and pay for an app once and sync it to more than one device . . )

Is iMessage "tied in" to an Apple ID (iTunes user account) ?? If so, this could be a problem . . .

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
^^ I'm interested in this also . . . there are tons of users in this same boat: 1 itunes account/Apple ID for syncing of multiple ios devices (download and pay for an app once and sync it to more than one device . . )

Is iMessage "tied in" to an Apple ID (iTunes user account) ?? If so, this could be a problem . . .

No, it's tied to whatever email address you want.

Reactions: shinbone