New iMac question

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I’m planning on getting a new Mac soon. My current Mac I have is getting to the point where I’m getting the beach ball on everything I do even on start up. My question is: is that not having an SSD drive or enough ram? Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.02.19 PM.JPG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From the screenshot you posted, your system is more than sufficient. With that being said, how many apps do you have running simultaneously or how many browser tables do you have open before you see the spinning beach ball. Do you have anti-virus/malware scanning apps running in the background? Is your system creating a backup in the background? Things like that could put a strain on your system.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I usually have Music, Safari or another Internet browser opened. I went to the Apple Store A while back for them to get some malware off of one of the user account because strangely it didn’t affect the other user. They also reinstalled the OS. I also remember I called Apple and they had me run Mac health or whatever it’s called and we cannot find anything. What do you think it is according to my description. No antivirus/malware software

Last edited:

jabtano

Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
I bought the new iMac 24 in green it’s been a month now I have not used a apple computer in 25 years so this set up is new to me

One issue I have is on startup I get around 7 or 8 programs open even clicking on the apps in the doc to see if they are set to open on startup which they are not Yet they still do. Aside from that and the mouse I love my new iMac.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice