I have an iMac running Snow Leopard and a SSD drive. After I turned on the computer, the Apple logo appears and a status bar appears then the screen turns black and shuts off. I am not able to boot into Safe mode either.

After booting into Network mode, I did run repair disk and it returns with "Invalid Node Structure" message. DU is not able to repair the disk and fix the issue.

I did go into Terminal and tried to run this command "sudo /sbin/fsck_hfs -yprd /dev/disk0s2" but returns with "command not found" message.

I think the reason that reason I can't run the command is due to System (disk0s2) is not mounted and it was greyed out.

How do I fix this issue without reinstalling SL or erasing the drive? If possible, I don't want to lose the files.
    03-29-2019 08:54 AM
    I have an iMac running Snow Leopard and a SSD drive. After I turned on the computer, the Apple logo appears and a status bar appears then the screen turns black and shuts off. I am not able to boot into Safe mode either.

After booting into Network mode, I did run repair disk and it returns with "Invalid Node Structure" message. DU is not able to repair the disk and fix the issue.

I did go into Terminal and tried to run this command "sudo /sbin/fsck_hfs -yprd /dev/disk0s2" but returns with "command not found" message.

I think the reason that reason I can't run the command is due to System (disk0s2) is not mounted and it was greyed out.

How do I fix this issue without reinstalling SL or erasing the drive? If possible, I don't want to lose the files.
    I'm not sure how to fix this issue, but maybe someone will chime in. If not maybe a call to Apple Tech might be your best bet.
    03-30-2019 02:38 PM