I have a Microsoft PKG file that reappears in my Trash a few seconds after I empty it. I have tried sudo rm -R, CMD-OPT-SFT-DEL, renaming, changing permissions,...nothing works. Sometimes it doesn't reappear for a few days, but it ALWAYS comes back. The software I installed was legally purchased and downloaded from Microsoft. When I use terminal to delete the file I get NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY. Anyone have any ideas? I am stuck.
    01-05-2019 03:13 PM
    Have you tried contacting Microsoft Support for an explanation for why the file keeps reappearing?
    01-05-2019 04:56 PM
    I have a Microsoft PKG file that reappears in my Trash a few seconds after I empty it. I have tried sudo rm -R, CMD-OPT-SFT-DEL, renaming, changing permissions,...nothing works. Sometimes it doesn't reappear for a few days, but it ALWAYS comes back. The software I installed was legally purchased and downloaded from Microsoft. When I use terminal to delete the file I get NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY. Anyone have any ideas? I am stuck.
    When you try to delete the file, are you in the directory where the file resides? Are you running the delete command with sudo? Is the Microsoft application that is related tot he PKG file open when the commands are run? Based upon the information you provided, my understanding is yes, but asking on the off chance it may help.

I searched for "mac os force delete trash" and that returned some help articles from other sites and Apple Support. Those may help as well, again on the off chance as it sounds like you've been quite thorough in your research and troubleshooting.
    01-06-2019 09:36 AM
    I can't seem to find the file unless it is in the trash. When I try to access it with Terminal, it tells me there is no such directory. It's a ghost.
    01-06-2019 08:10 PM
    That is strange. Building on what Just_Me_D shared above, contacting Apple Support may be an option to consider. That way you'd have advice from Apple and Microsoft on the matter.
    01-07-2019 06:59 AM