Hey Rene,

Looking to use more iCloud storage for things like photos and documents but I am just curious about what Apple encrypts and does not encrypt. I know they will hand over backups to the government so I back up encrypted to my mac. Will my photos and docs be safe in the cloud?
    08-09-2017 12:04 PM
    As far as I know, the only thing that is encrypted are your backups when you choose "encrypted backups" from within iTunes. Encrypted backups include your saved passwords, wi-fi settings, website history, and health data. Encrypted backups are not on by default, you have to choose the feature.

Otherwise, there is nothing that is 100% safe if it is online. Your best option is to backup things you want to keep in a safe place either on your hard drive, micro sd, or burned to a cd and placed in a safe.
    08-09-2017 10:10 PM
    You can password protect individual Notes. It's easier than it sounds: it's one password and works with Touch ID.

Pages and other files can be encrypted individually too.

The intesting thing about Notes is than it works with so many fines, especially pictures. You can have a collection of pictures in one Note. You can have "secret" text with them too. You can have any file attached (zip files can be previewed, PhotoShop files work, rar files can be… well, stored and accessed later)
    09-16-2017 01:53 AM