Anti spam apps for iOS ?

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Rene,

My daughter has only an iPhone 6 and an Apple Watch (and no iPad, no MacBook)

She is receiving quite a bit of email Spam (attempts to obtain her personal/financial information, sex-related, etc).

Is there anyway to significantly reduce this with a reliable antiSpam app or by another approach?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Rene,

My daughter has only an iPhone 6 and an Apple Watch (and no iPad, no MacBook)

She is receiving quite a bit of email Spam (attempts to obtain her personal/financial information, sex-related, etc).

Is there anyway to significantly reduce this with a reliable antiSpam app or by another approach?

Depending on the mail service she uses, go to the settings of that account on a computer and enable any related filters.
Hotmail, Gmail and other respected services provide such features.

And please tell your daughter to be cautious at all times.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is it going to her inbox, or junk/spam folder? Any spam I get goes to the Junk folder. I simply delete it. Gmail is good about sending spam to Junk. Check her email service's options for spam. There's not anything else you can do. Don't open anything and delete it.

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
She is using Apple's mail service. I logged into her iCloud account and set some Rules. However, web mail's Rules appear to be less complete than Mail on a Mac. (Don't know how to access her Mail on my Mac. Not certain I want to.)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
She is using Apple's mail service. I logged into her iCloud account and set some Rules. However, web mail's Rules appear to be less complete than Mail on a Mac. (Don't know how to access her Mail on my Mac. Not certain I want to.)

I hope this article helps:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202315

And please tell your daughter that she doesn’t have any relatives in Nigeria. Not even a prince.

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your very helpful responses and references. I acctually have access to her account, and I only found one email that was Spam. I created a rule to send all emails from that sender to Trash.

I have cautioned all family members regarding emails:
1. If from a purported provider that asks for any personal information, do not provide it. Delete the email or declare it as Spam, if possible.
2. If from an unknown sender, do not open and send immediately to Trash or declare as Spam
3. If apparently from a known individual and includes an unexpected attachment, do not open the attachment. Check the sender's address and make certain it is from the known individual

All other members of my family use ESET's software on the Mac/Windows machine. I use ESET's software on my Mac and in Parallels Desktop (Windows 10 Pro) as a filter, as well as SpamSieve on my Mac.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods