Why are Dates appearing above recently added in iTunes

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi Rene do you know why "This Week", This Month, Last 3 months, Last 6 months etc is appearing above albums I have on recently added section in Apple Music on the mac Apple support told me this isn't normal they should all be in a block is their a particular reason for this

I cant seem to find anyway to turn it off at all and neither did apple support

Please HELP
Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 17.51.15.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While awaiting a reply from Rene, can you please post a screenshot so we can see specifically what you're referring to? Thanks.

Disregard. I didn't notice the screenshot via the app I'm using.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I attached screenshots above. I mean where it says This Week, This Month, Last 3 Months etc. I spoke to apple who said this shouldnt be appearing however i spoke to others and looked at other peoples librarys and this was the same on theirs too.

Also i notice how all my songs ive ever added including songs from 2007 etc are appearing in recently added however i discovered from a very knowledgeable apple person that this is normal behaviour Recently added adds every song ever added to the recently added section which i dont know why it would add older songs to this section if they weren't recently added however it does on the mac, but on iOS it only adds recent songs in the recently add section

Are you guys noticing this as well

Thanks

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't subscribe to Apple Music. But I do have music I have purchased from iTunes. In my Music app, it has a recently added section. All my songs back to when I first got an iPhone in January of 2012 are in the list. Maybe "recently" means this century.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
cool at least I know its not a bug with my account or ID. Thanks very much for the help. This is why i love Imore. Are you noticing a "This Week", " This Month" "Last 3 Months" etc above each as well

Thanks

Sam

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I attached screenshots above. I mean where it says This Week, This Month, Last 3 Months etc. I spoke to apple who said this shouldnt be appearing however i spoke to others and looked at other peoples librarys and this was the same on theirs too.

Also i notice how all my songs ive ever added including songs from 2007 etc are appearing in recently added however i discovered from a very knowledgeable apple person that this is normal behaviour Recently added adds every song ever added to the recently added section which i dont know why it would add older songs to this section if they weren't recently added however it does on the mac, but on iOS it only adds recent songs in the recently add section

Are you guys noticing this as well

Thanks

From what I've been able to gather, sorting albums in the manner depicted in your screenshot can be done via iTunes and viewed via iTunes and the Music app on the device. With that in mind, did you sort your music by date via iTunes at some point?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7664078?start=0&tstart=0

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
No i didn't sort it by date I dont think to the best of my knowledge you can change the sort order or anything to do with that "Recently added" section to the best of my knowledge

Thanks

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
These dates in the recently added section don't bother me just wondering is it normal behaviour apple told me it wasn't but again on other people's mac I seen the same thing etc

I just want to confirm this

Thanks

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Are you noticing the songs from 2012 on your iOS device too as I'm not i only see the recent songs not the ones from 2007 etc just reset ones from like this year and last year

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you noticing the songs from 2012 on your iOS device too as I'm not i only see the recent songs not the ones from 2007 etc just reset ones from like this year and last year

Actually my recently added included my "all songs" playlist. Go figure. I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy your music.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Actually my recently added included my "all songs" playlist. Go figure. I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy your music.

Thanks was just more curious to know so your seeing the same as me. Are u seeing all your songs in recently added on iOS or just the recents. On iOS for me just recents

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks was just more curious to know so your seeing the same as me. Are u seeing all your songs in recently added on iOS or just the recents. On iOS for me just recents

Both. The individual songs go back maybe 2 years or so. Plus it includes the "all songs" playlist, which includes everything back to 2012.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2