People Album iOS faces

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi Rene when using the faces/people album on iOS 10 i notice that after manually completing merging faces for a particular person on all devices for some odd reason my iPad shows a different total amount for that person on different devices even though I'm using iCloud photo library. For example person A on iPhone shows 328 but iPad its 333 and my mac its 400 yet I manually sorted this persons face on each device and checked and each face for that person is the same across all my devices yet all my photos are the same across all devices due to iCloud photo library

Why is this ?

is this happening to you too

Thanks Rene

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
As far as I can remember, Faces don't sync between devices yet. I believe it's on the roadmap but hasn't rolled out.

They want to make sure the data is secure, since it's personal, and that there are no potential collisions (i.e. devices identifying faces differently, then trying to sync and having conflicts.)

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
That's great Rene I hope it does its a pain in the *** to manually sort faces across devices manually. I notice after I merge faces together it gives me a different amount on each device for a particular person. Person a shows 328 on iPhone but on iPad shows 332 even though same photos for that person face on each device it's strange