Tempted by the new surface desktop?

jrsharp70

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone seen the new surface studio? Does it make you think of jumping ship? I bought a used iMac, but no buyers remorse.

cohoman

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
The Microsoft Surface Studio looked like something Apple should have created! It seems pretty cool, but unfortunately it still runs the Windows OS which I'm not a big fan. So for now, I'm sticking with my iMac.

mrfusiontm

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I agree with cohoman. The surface looks awesome, but I'd never go back to windows.

Ever.

I spent 20+ years as a windows user and I spent more time maintaining the machine rather than working on it. Once I switched to the mac, I have never been happier.

If MS sells enough of those, maybe Apple will do something similar/better.

jrsharp70

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you. Microsoft could build a teleportation device into their computer and I still will not get fooled into buying another Windows machine.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't make me want to leave Apple even for a minute. It's WAY overpriced and is built with last year's components. Microsoft didn't even bother putting USB-C ports on it.

Oh, and a $2,999 starting price point for a Microsoft machine is laughable. They're trying to design and market like Apple, but they're not Apple.

Last edited:

neel69

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I myself use an iMac and all the Apple products, yet, Studio is indeed a nice product. Costly or not, they are targeted to cater a group of professionals. At least they decided not to go with 2/4 USB-C ports "only". Specs are way better than those starting tiers of iMac with such an old processors(In our country, you cannot upgrade iMacs)

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
It looks cool, but I don't understand how many people need to lay their computer flat to write on it. It is a feature I would never use. Drafters, illustrators, architects - totally. But how many are there? It seems to me that it is a totally awesome demo, but in real life it would always be up. And it seems to prove Steve Jobs point - touch screens that are verticals are bad, you want a horizontal screen for touch.

Alexnewguy

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I think it actually looks pretty awesome - OS aside. Now that PCs are starting to match the build quality and such of Apple it's about time for the latter to move up to more modern components (like...AMD is great sure but why stick with it when currently available Nvidia cards are that much more capable)

BetaRelease

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
The creative types are exactly the target audience of the SStudio. So faulting the device because it can also be in the vertical position as touch is not valid. I'm betting that this is NOT expected to be a big seller, it is all about changing and winning the hearts and minds of the creative types. Given its price point, I'm sure MSFT is aware that it is not going to be a huge seller. This device is always about changing the attitude of Pros regarding MSFT. Just my humble opinion.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, it definitely gives great demo! ? I'm still not sure about its actual usefulness, the OS seams compromised and not very optimized for this type of device?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox