Visit site
Which Late 2015 iMac do you own?
- a 1TB fusion drive unit
- a 2TB fusion drive unit

Curious what model everyone has.

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'll be buying one soon. I'm opting for the 2TB fusion drive. I'm mostly choosing 2 TB so I can gain the 128 gig SSD. The 24 gigs on the 1TB doesn't seem like it's enough. I figure most of the basic system apps will take up that space. Otherwise I probably would have opted for the 1TB.

My biggest decision is the i7 or the 4gb graphics upgrade. I'm pretty sure I'm opting for the i7. I probably should get both but I'm over budget already so I'm trying to cut somewhere.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
iMore isn't the best place for Mac discussion unfortunately. Many of us own Macs but come here more for the mobile discussion. There are other communities with much busier Mac sections.

An iMac was on my radar this year until I dropped my iPad Air :/. Now I'm typing on a brand new iPad Pro so maybe next year. I'm hoping Apple will offer some better storage solutions on the iMacs. Otherwise external storage will be a must for me. Since I run Bootcamp, I want at least the 512 GB SSD so I can have 256 GB for each partition.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Not many iMac users participate in the iMac section of iMore. Rather odd that...

iMore isn't the best place for Mac discussion unfortunately. Many of us own Macs but come here more for the mobile discussion. There are other communities with much busier Mac sections.

An iMac was on my radar this year until I dropped my iPad Air :/. Now I'm typing on a brand new iPad Pro so maybe next year. I'm hoping Apple will offer some better storage solutions on the iMacs. Otherwise external storage will be a must for me. Since I run Bootcamp, I want at least the 512 GB SSD so I can have 256 GB for each partition.

When the thread title is "Which late 2015 iMac do you own?" responses are going to be pretty limited. That's a very specific line of iMac.

That being said, 1TB is enough storage space for the vast majority of users but it really boils down to your own personal needs.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I do not own one either, but would certainly go with a minimum of 2TB fusion. This gives you the 128 SSD. I have a late 2012 with 1TB Fusion/128GB SSD and the larger SSD is definitely better. Not sure why  ever opted to go with the 24GB SSD on the 1TB Fusion. Personally I would go with a 1TB SSD for my next choice though. Only because I require it for rendering in some of my programs.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Upgrade to 2TB, with 128GB SSD drive, completed. I ran a Blackmagic Hard Drive speed test, and this unit is night a day different between the 1TB and 2TB. Since it is a long term investment, might as well start with 'decent' specs.

Now, if Apple would do the right thing and allow us owners to easily change the hard drive, like we can with the memory; we might be onto something...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal