I got my new Mac on May 8 & am still Kinda cautious about it. I live in Oklahoma & these last few days have been kinda rough for my mac. when I hear or see there's some bad weather coming I rush in & turn my mac off. Last night & the night before I didn't have a chance to turn it off as it went off by itself. lol. is this OK for my mac? is it OK to keep turning it on and off? my mac seems to be a lot more sensitive as my PC did
    05-25-2016 11:58 AM
    When you say "went off by itself" - does that mean there was a power outage? It might be worthwhile to invest in am uninterruptible power supply with surge suppressor and you shouldn't have any worries.
    05-25-2016 12:13 PM
    it's right next to the outer wall so when ever there is Big clamps of thunder it tends to happen. i'm running everything on a power strip but like I said my Mac seems to be more sensitive than my PC was. why is that?
    05-25-2016 12:20 PM
    You may be on a 'power strip', but you really need a UPS!
    These can turn out to be priceless...
    05-25-2016 03:00 PM
    I got my new Mac on May 8 & am still Kinda cautious about it. I live in Oklahoma & these last few days have been kinda rough for my mac. when I hear or see there's some bad weather coming I rush in & turn my mac off. Last night & the night before I didn't have a chance to turn it off as it went off by itself. lol. is this OK for my mac? is it OK to keep turning it on and off? my mac seems to be a lot more sensitive as my PC did
    I would never live anywhere in that region. Too many skyfunnels.
    05-25-2016 10:59 PM