Why are my contacts showing up differently on my Mac to my iOS devices?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Why are my contacts showing up differently on my mac to my iOS devices

I created a my card contact on the iPhone and pushed it to all my devices using icloud on my iPad and iPhone i have 44 contacts on iOS but the contacts on my mac show as 45 for some reason i think it could be due to my own contact card i made my question is why is it counting this as a contact on my iMac but not on my iOS devices. 44 on my iPad and iPhone but 45 on my mac they have all the exact same contacts on each but this one contact for myself i made is making it show as 45 on my mac but not on my iOS devices they show as 44 contacts. Why is this. Is this expected behaviour

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why are my contacts showing up differently on my mac to my iOS devices

Hi there!

In my experience this is normal. On both my iMac and Macbook Pro I have one more contact than my iPad and iPhone. This is partly because your Mac will use your contact card to identify you throughout the OS. Lol I honestly never questioned it before and it's been like that for awhile... not sure if it is supposed to be like that or not, but I never questioned it.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
ok cool thanks very much no i was just wondering was it just my icloud or mac was was not functioning correctly. but since you are experiencing the same thing at least i know its not me and normal behaviour. i have my own contact card on all 3 devices my iPhone iPad and iMac but on iPad and iPhone its showing as a total of 44 43 and my own contact card but my mac is showing 43 like my iPad and iPhone but in total is showing 45 when my own contact card is added because it shows once at the very top of the contacts list and then again in the contacts list under each letter so my second name ends in D so it shows under the D contacts and at the top so I'm guessing this is where its getting the 2 extra contacts from on my iMac and my phone and iPad must only be counting it as one is this the same for you this way as well

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal