My 2009 iMac item is temporarily unavailable, what can I do?

I

iMore Question

2009 imac item is temporarily unavailable

Yesterday my daughters school donated a 2009 imac to us. When turning it on it goes to the osx utilities screen after the apple logo loading deal. I click on reinstall osx and it goes to a page continue/agree/mac hd or recovery(which recovery is greyed out) I click on mac hd and when prompted to enter my id, I do so and it says "This Item Is Temporarily Unavailable" I have called apple with no solution. It will not go to internet recovery (Apple says it might not have the fireware that makes it capable of doing so). What can I do to get this thing up and running. It was donated to the school and then donated to us because the school Couldnt use it as it was out of their time frame for computers and when they were made. I just want it working. I have no Apple store remotely close, and the authorized retailer that is near wants $100 to load some software. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: 2009 imac item is temporarily unavailable

Click Restart on screen and click the "command" and R together until you will see the screen for reinstalling the OS from scratch.

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: 2009 imac item is temporarily unavailable

It doesn't asks for the Apple ID until the whole OS is downloaded and you can link your Apple ID once this is through.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal