Can I get some help setting up my Gmail mail app el Cap?

Watrat

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
gmail setup in mail app el cap

Good evening,
I am sort of stuck here and was hoping someone may have experienced something similar. Am not sure of the proper names so I will try and explain my issue as best as I can.
I use gmail for my contacts, mail, and calendars. In previous setups (mavericks, Yosemite) I have unchecked email in preferences and went to add a new email account because I use an alias as my default address..even though it still checks and sends mail thru gmail. This has worked great on all devices until I updated to el cap. Because it wasn't working I deleted the account and went to set up again. When I say other mail accounts I enter my info but using the gmail login and app specific password with my default sent from address...it tells me the account already exists. When I try and setup as a google account it won't let me change the login information.
I hope that this made some sense but I am starting to get blurry playing with this all night. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Agristiano

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: gmail setup in mail app el cap

I am facing the some problem too, since I updated to El Cap I cant add my Gmail. I already changed my password, follow instructions from Google, etc but it still stuck...

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 1.19.30 PM.png

Watrat

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site

Good afternoon...I was able to figure it out...add your google account as is..go into preferences and you will see alias listed...select it and add the email address you want as an alias. Should work from there. Not in front of home machine at the moment so I apologize about listing it from memory. I can double check specifics when I get home.

Watrat

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site

While in Mail go to preferences...accounts and select the account and it will be under account information

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR