When to buy new imac?

jeremmar

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I am going to be buying a new imac but am not sure if I should wait a few more months for a new imac to be released... I am not familiar as to when apple usually realeases a newer version of the imac. When should I buy a new imac? Now? Wait till the fall?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm a big fan of getting the device that suits your needs NOW, especially if you can get it at a good price. Apple products are updated and last for years. I'm still using a MacBook that I purchased brand new in 2009, and it's running OS X 10.10.4 beta (Yosemite) without any problems. Having said that, if you purchase a new model today, it's safe to assume that it will be relevant for years to come.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think there will be updates announced late summer for release in time for the Xmas shopping season... If there's something out now that has the specs you want and meets your needs - just get it and start enjoying using it.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple doesn't have a consistent release cycle but it is generally every 12-18 months, sometimes as short as 6 months. We don't have Broadwell iMacs yet and Skylake is right around the corner. Personally I'm holding out for a Skylake 5k but I'm also already set up with a 2012 Mini and a 2014 rMBP so getting a brand new computer isn't a priority for me.

The other posters here are right, if your need is great it isn't worth waiting for the next big thing. Any computer bought today is going to provide a lot of power (well any Apple computer bought today lol!) for the next several years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods