Need help recoverig files from external drive

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,

To say that I am upset right now is an incredible understatement. You would think that with today's technology, external USB drive should be hot swappable. Anyway...

Yesterday, I accidentally removed an external hard drive from my iMac before the ejection process was completed. Then I connected it to my PC to copy over some files when I received a message that the drive might have errors. Given then option, I chose for Windows to repair the files.

Today, I realized that an important folder with over 200GB of data is gone from the drive. I'm completely screwed. I've got 7 months of work on there that I desperately need to recover or I can't even imagine what I'm going to do. Needless to say, I'm in absolute panic mode right now. The information there is very important. I'd appreciate any help that anyone could provide.

To give some information about the hardware:

The iMac is a 2011 running Mavericks.

My PC is a high end Asus running windows 8.1.

The external drive is a 2TB Western Digital Passport drive.

If you need any other info, just ask.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Brad

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
There are Authorized Apple Dealers who have on-site experts in retrieving data from drives. They might be able to help.
And there's always the Genius Bar.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You could get app such as cisdem DataRecoveryfor Mac to do the recovering, but Im not sure all of your files can be recoveried.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner