Do you use more than one monitor?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you use a desktop PC or an iMac or Mac Pro, do you use dual monitors? If so, why?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup. The main reason I use dual monitors is in recording music. One monitor for what's called a arrange page in Logic Pro which more or less looks like the main page in Garage Band. The other monitor for the mixing board window. Sometimes both monitors for the mixing board.
Also when charting music in the Mac. I can have the charting program on one monitor and iTunes on the other.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Mac Air and laptop at home and work a PC with 4 22 inch monitors. Always have numerous windows open for what I do at work.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I dock my chromebook to a 24" LED and sometimes will do some work on the internal display while a movie or something is playing on the big screen. My chromebook only has 2 GB of RAM and an ARM processor though so it doesn't take much to bog it down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup. The main reason I use dual monitors is in recording music. One monitor for what's called a arrange page in Logic Pro which more or less looks like the main page in Garage Band. The other monitor for the mixing board window. Sometimes both monitors for the mixing board.
Also when charting music in the Mac. I can have the charting program on one monitor and iTunes on the other.

My oldest son also uses Logic Pro for his musical endeavors.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My oldest son also uses Logic Pro for his musical endeavors.

Logic is a great program. We waited 4 years for the Logic Pro X update. We thought Apple was going to discontinue it. There was zero internet chatter for 4 years if we were going to get it. In that 4 years Garage Band took the spot as top music recording app on the App Store and recording music in the iPad in on another level now. A few of my friends record exclusively on the iPad now.

#Naked Tuesday

thejasonhowell

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
As a photographer and Tweetdeck fiend I use a second monitor whenever I can. Colors look better.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk - now Free

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods