IMac picture saving question.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, a new iMac user here. I am using Nikon software for photo processing and would like to save the processed pictures in the same folder that the original was in.

The originals are all in different sub folders within the Picture folder. When I do a "save as" the only option for location I get is "Pictures" not any of the sub folders.

What am I doing wrong, please help.

Thanks much :)

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When you have Photos selected in the save box, is there a triangle icon next to the file name? If so click that for the expanded view, which lets you pick a sub folder. (Not sure why Apple put that next to the file name instead of the folder name, but there you go.)

Or use the keyboard shortcut to expand the dialog: Command+=

I always use the expanded dialog, and actually changed it to be my default by running a terminal command: Quickly expand and shrink Save dialogs - Mac OS X Hints

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
When you have Photos selected in the save box, is there a triangle icon next to the file name? If so click that for the expanded view, which lets you pick a sub folder. (Not sure why Apple put that next to the file name instead of the folder name, but there you go.)

Or use the keyboard shortcut to expand the dialog: Command+=

I always use the expanded dialog, and actually changed it to be my default by running a terminal command: Quickly expand and shrink Save dialogs - Mac OS X Hints
That was it, thank you so much, I would have never thought of looking there.

Also changed the default to expanded view.

Thank you again :)

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro