What's the best solution regarding RAM memory in the new iMac?

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a new iMac 2012 (the 27 inch version) within the next few months, and I want it to have 32GB of onboard RAM memory...
But knowing that Apple usually asks for the top price, and knowing that this time around it seems to be much easier to add extra RAM yourself;

- What would you guys recommend me?
1) Go for the standard (expensive) ram that Apple provides, and be absolutely sure that hardware-wise everything is running without conflicts...
or
2) Get myself some DDR-1600 memory banks from an other manufacturer?
(and what manufacturer would be best)

the1onlyjosh

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
There was an article somewhere I read that with the new iMacs that came out its a lot harder to upgrade the ram yourself. You might want to look into that before making your decision.

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I think I'll go for the 8GB standard option than... and add an other 24GB myself.
Do you guys recommend me any specific brand to buy, or is it all the same, as long as it is DDR-1600??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a new iMac 2012 (the 27 inch version) within the next few months, and I want it to have 32GB of onboard RAM memory...
But knowing that Apple usually asks for the top price, and knowing that this time around it seems to be much easier to add extra RAM yourself;

- What would you guys recommend me?
1) Go for the standard (expensive) ram that Apple provides, and be absolutely sure that hardware-wise everything is running without conflicts...
or
2) Get myself some DDR-1600 memory banks from an other manufacturer?
(and what manufacturer would be best)

The new 27" iMacs still have user replaceable RAM. Get the minimum amount (8GB) and upgrade it yourself.

My favorite source for RAM is OWC - https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...%3A%2F%2Feshop.macsales.com%2F&token=56drMaiL

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner