What keyboard and mouse would be best for me?

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning to buy myself an iMac soon, but I'm not sure what keyboard and mouse to get... so I would like to ask what you guys would recommend.

[ Keyboard ]
I'm Dutch, so normally it would be an easy choice --> just go for the Dutch keyboard.
However, since I'm running an international business... sometimes I have to deal with foreign currencies, such as; USD or GBP.

* Now my question is;
Would it be best to go for the Dutch keyboard or the International English keyboard?

[ Wireless or Wired ]
I know that the wireless keyboard and mouse interact through Bluetooth... but I'm not sure if going wireless automatically means that it needs batteries?
I love the wireless stuff and such, however I do NOT want to be dependent of batteries.

* If indeed it means I need batteries... than I'll probably go for the old fashioned wired versions. ;)

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any idea of how long a single battery charge would last?
Let's say I might consider getting the wireless versions... I don't want to charge every single night.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Magic mouse is a staple for me. But I have "used" a Magic TrackPad bigger surface for options and scrolling.

Standard Magic mouse has lasted about 2 months on battery. But that is using it off and on being portable. So not a true "On" all the time like most will use it for.

Some people go for the "Clicky" keyboard option vs the soft touch standard that apple sets with most of it's products.

NPBeck79

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
In case you will eventually use the Mac wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse you will want to buy the apple recharger that comes with four batteries. This will in the long run save you money and trouble. This is what I did and am very happy with the result. The keyboard consumes less battery than the mouse.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Magic mouse and keyboard are excellent accessories to any mac...they work perfectly for people who are using their computer for your standard operating stuff, and they work "decent" when it comes to graphics based jobs (they are less accurate than those that are defined as graphic arts based mice). The keyboard is awesome, but i found it a bit small for me (i have big hands), it's performance is great though, and both last a LONG time wirelessly (battery based).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox