Considering moving back to MacBook Pro & Selling 8 Core iMac Pro

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the iMac Pro in March fo this year, the standard 8 Core configuration w/ 1TB of storage. Its a true powerhouse with video work I have done, but my needs changed and I am thinking of selling it to get a 2018 MBP i7 32GB RAM & 2TB storage now that they are 6 core and will be closer to what the iMac Pro offers but portable.

Thoughts for those who do have an iMac Pro and where are you selling yours and thoughts on why to keep it vs going to MBP.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the iMac Pro in March fo this year, the standard 8 Core configuration w/ 1TB of storage. Its a true powerhouse with video work I have done, but my needs changed and I am thinking of selling it to get a 2018 MBP i7 32GB RAM & 2TB storage now that they are 6 core and will be closer to what the iMac Pro offers but portable.

Thoughts for those who do have an iMac Pro and where are you selling yours and thoughts on why to keep it vs going to MBP.

If the needs that have changed are not associated with portability then I would not get rid of the iMac for the MBP, especially when you’re clearly satisfied with its performance and power.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately portability has become a factor I had not anticipated when I opted to upgrade. The iMac Pro is awesome, but I am not one to have 2 computers when hopefully 1 will do the job and be portable. Still reviewing options.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I’m kinda thinking the other way. I have the 2017 15” MBP and still here and there thinking of getting rid of it and getting a 27” iMAC. I also have the new 12.9” iPad Pro. This iPad is now my main device for right now.

If iOS 13 lets you use external drives on the iPad than I might get rid of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2