First again! This thing is a beast...but

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is a market for it, and Im sure they will sell a good amount of them, but typical users will not consider buying one, in my opinion. It's way too expensive for the typical home computer.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am all in and I am definitely buying one as soon as it’s officially released. I will probably get the entry level unit and will try to stay under $6200.00, now it’s waiting for the official release date.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I think I’ve read that it’s not user upgradable, but you should be able to go to Apple and get it upgraded there. The upgrades are only for the memory. I’m not sure if the graphics card is upgradable. Don’t quote me on this.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I love MAC OS but I don’t need it. If I got it than it would be:

10 core
128gb RAM
16gb graphics card

Looking about $8g plus. About what I paid in cash for my house in Detroit about 8.5 years ago.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I just watched an unboxing video on another Apple blog.... No narration, just some music playing to the video....
That puppy SURE looked SWEET (imo)....
Oh well, the spirit is willing, but the bank account is weak....
Excuse me while I go purchase some lottery tickets, lol

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If I hadn't just got a MBP a few months ago I'd probably look at getting one, but my MBP is good enough for now.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Will Pros go for it? Cant easily upgrade whats inside. Or, is this the future?

I went to the local Apple Store recently and on the way out as I was walking up to the entrance was a gentleman leaving with one (an iMac Pro). Not expecting/used to seeing someone having actually purchased one in person, I made a comment to him congratulating him on his new piece of kit, and how I wish that I could do the same. I spoke with him for a short while and he mentioned that he was a professor of music. He said that he had been using a Mac mini as his workstation, with a Mac Pro as his server, and that the iMac Pro would replace his Mac mini as his new workstation. He said that he would have liked to hold out for the upcoming modular Mac Pro but his need for a new device outweighed holding out any longer. He said that he had purchased the base configuration of it, his one concern that he expressed to me was that it since it’s an AIO, would the display last over time, or would there be an issue with it somewhere down the line. Reason being is that he’s had his other Macs for years, and has gotten good value usage wise out of them. He’s hoping/expecting the same for his new iMac Pro. I wished him well once again, and we went our separate ways.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the base model of the iMac Pro as well this weekend. I feel I can do just about anything I will need or throw at it for years to come. Run parallels and mac at the same time, render video and photo edit plus I now have a really solid setup for gaming if I so choose. The cost difference between the base iMac Pro vs full blown iMac was under a grand so for me it was a worthwhile investment.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I mean for anyone looking at the fully specced out 5 k iMac the pro is not that much more Esp once you factor in the student discount

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen