I am iCloud plus subscriber and I can use my Apple ID as custom domain for email.

My question is when I change mx and txt records on my domain would it be changed for all emails or I can change it just for one email address out of 15.

Note I own the domain and have multiple email addresses.
    07-17-2022 04:16 AM
    I am iCloud plus subscriber and I can use my Apple ID as custom domain for email.

My question is when I change mx and txt records on my domain would it be changed for all emails or I can change it just for one email address out of 15.

Note I own the domain and have multiple email addresses.
    The TXT records don’t affect message routing. If the record starts with “v=spf1”, it will affect outbound messaging as it lists all allowed outgoing mail servers.

When you change the MX record, it will change all inbound messages. Those define where your mailboxes are hosted, and it affects all mailboxes inside that specific subdomain.
    Just_Me_D and khi3erkhattak like this.
    07-17-2022 08:38 AM
    Interesting. I’m only using one email address on my domain but I may have to try a second one just to see what happens.
    khi3erkhattak likes this.
    07-17-2022 11:58 AM
    The TXT records don’t affect message routing. If the record starts with “v=spf1”, it will affect outbound messaging as it lists all allowed outgoing mail servers.

When you change the MX record, it will change all inbound messages. Those define where your mailboxes are hosted, and it affects all mailboxes inside that specific subdomain.
    So this mean I cannot route a single email, all domain emails will be routed?
    07-17-2022 12:05 PM
    So this mean I cannot route a single email, all domain emails will be routed?
    That is correct. It’s a fundamental infrastructure behaviour and not specific to any specific service (incl. iCloud+)
    khi3erkhattak likes this.
    07-17-2022 02:16 PM
    That is correct. It’s a fundamental infrastructure behaviour and not specific to any specific service (incl. iCloud+)
    I have a business email which forwarded to gmail and then I have send only account in gmail. In that way I can send and received my business email using gmail.

Is there any way I can use the same thing with iCloud email?
    07-18-2022 08:46 AM
    I have a business email which forwarded to gmail and then I have send only account in gmail. In that way I can send and received my business email using gmail.

Is there any way I can use the same thing with iCloud email?
    That's a completely different feature that Google Mail, Exchange and Outlook have, called POP/SMTP (or email client). iCloud+ does not have that feature currently.
    07-18-2022 08:27 PM