Is anyone having issues with their contacts not displaying properly in the Messages app?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that the names on my texts and a few in my contacts have disappeared in regards to just showing their numbers. what’s weird it is the four people that I have “pinned” on the top of my texts only one is just showing their number and the others have their name (if that makes sense in what I’m trying to say). I have tried signing in and out of my iCloud but that didn’t help.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contacts

Are the phone numbers properly entered in their Contacts entry on the device? That’s the first thing I would look at.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

One of my pinned contacts I had to re-enter the name. One of my contacts in my list showed his email address instead of his name but It fixed it self yesterday

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Another weird thing just happened. I got back Sunday from a vacation. I invited my cousin to the photo album. When you click on the name it shows her name (if you know what I mean by all of that). when I first invited her it showed HER name but now it shows HIS name.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Another weird thing just happened. I got back Sunday from a vacation. I invited my cousin to the photo album. When you click on the name it shows her name (if you know what I mean by all of that). when I first invited her it showed HER name but now it shows HIS name.

I assume you refer to the Shared Albums. Are they a couple? Do they both use iPhones? If so, do they share an Apple ID? That might cause both names to show that way.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
yes, shared albums. they both use iPhones. I do not know about Apple ID’s. I have shared with both of them before and they always have the right names. what do you think it could me

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
yes, shared albums. they both use iPhones. I do not know about Apple ID’s. I have shared with both of them before and they always have the right names. what do you think it could me

I'm confused. If you've shared with them both, then why is it unusual to see either one?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused. If you've shared with them both, then why is it unusual to see either one?

it’s just coming up with the wrong name of the person this time around. when I invited her to the album this morning it showed her name but now it shows her husband‘s name

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
it’s just coming up with the wrong name of the person this time around. when I invited her to the album this morning it showed her name but now it shows her husband‘s name

Looking at my shared albums, I believe it is tied to how their name is set on their Apple ID.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The only way I know this might happen, is if they share the same Apple ID (email and password). Sharing the same Apple ID can cause a number of issues, like seeing each others messages in iMessage, for example.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711