iCloud Drive doesn't upload...

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Guys,

Maybe it's just me... but the iCloud Drive on my iMac doesn't upload to the cloud.
Actually, it never did since I bought my iMac mid 2015.

• I decided back then to leave it alone since it didn't work at the time, hoping it would be fixed in the meantime if I ever needed it again.
I totally forgot it even existed since I'm using Dropbox and OneDrive a lot these days, and never really liked back at iCloud Drive for that matter.

Today I decided to give it another try, only to find the upload-bug AGAIN.

--> Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue?
In the finder window, it just says 'uploading' but the wheel stays without movement... even though it only has like 10 excel-files to upload.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I add something to my iCloud Drive via my MacBook Pro, it immediately uploads and I can access the same file from within the Files app on my iPhone. Anyway, after reading your post, I uploaded a car payment receipt from I had saved to my desktop on my MacBook to a test folder in iCloud Drive. As soon as I copied the file to iCloud Drive, I grabbed my iPhone, went to the Files app, located the test folder in the iCloud Drive section and saw the car payment receipt so iCloud Drive is still uploading as it should...at least for me, it is.

With that being said, have you tried signing out of iCloud, rebooting your iMac and then signing back in to see if that will fix the problem for you?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
FINALLY... on my iMac it seems to work.
I signed out, rebooted and signed in again, and now it works.
Everything is synched to iCloud perfectly!

- However... when I go to my iPhone, the Files app is still empty.
Do I need to sign in/out again on my other devices as well to make it work?
It's not working on my MacBook either...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
FINALLY... on my iMac it seems to work.
I signed out, rebooted and signed in again, and now it works.
Everything is synched to iCloud perfectly!

- However... when I go to my iPhone, the Files app is still empty.
Do I need to sign in/out again on my other devices as well to make it work?
It's not working on my MacBook either...

Awesome!....I would say “yes” doing the same thing with your other devices. ...

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I will try to sign in/out on my MacBook soon...
But since my iMac is my main system and containing much more date than my MacBook would need to have, how do I make sure my MacBook only 'receives' specific iCloud data that it needs?

• For instance, is it possible to put my MacBook's iCloud settings so, that it does NOT automatically receive file A-K from iCloud, while file A-Z ARE present and synched on my main iMac?
I don't want to risk changing iCloud settings on my MacBook, overwriting my iMac's iCloud settings!!
(maybe I'm saying something silly here... but all data DOES come from the same cloud-storage, and I don't want risking losing important data on my iMac-iCloud only because I don't want my MacBook to receive certain data)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But since my iMac is my main system and containing much more date than my MacBook would need to have, how do I make sure my MacBook only 'receives' specific iCloud data that it needs?

• For instance, is it possible to put my MacBook's iCloud settings so, that it does NOT automatically receive file A-K from iCloud, while file A-Z ARE present and synched on my main iMac?
I don't want to risk changing iCloud settings on my MacBook, overwriting my iMac's iCloud settings!!
(maybe I'm saying something silly here... but all data DOES come from the same cloud-storage, and I don't want risking losing important data on my iMac-iCloud only because I don't want my MacBook to receive certain data)

To my knowledge, whatever is uploaded to iCloud Drive will be visible by all devices configured with that Apple ID. In other words, whatever you put in the iCloud Drive on your MacBook will be accessible via your iMac.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Apple Menu=>Ssyetem Preferences=>Apple ID (Catalina) and toggle all these elements on and off. Further, in the same window, iCloud drive=>Options will enable toggling apps you installed. You can control this on each separate machines/devices. I am not sure this was what yiu were asking though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2