I have tried and tried on many other computers but it always is the same result!

When I try to download a video (4k), that was shot on my XR and saved to the cloud, it comes out jittery ALWAYS!

I tried using all browsers, still the same...
    Updated VLC, still the same... Even VLC will crash (latest version) sometimes.
    I tried pluggin my phone in and using Photos... Same result
    BUT when I airdrop it from my phone to my mac, it comes out clean without any jitters!

WTF is going on!? Shouldn't it just download the way it was taken without ANY conversion?? This happens with ALL 4k videos from iCloud. Help me understand what I may be doing wrong or is it just Apple issues and wait for a fix (for many months). IF I have to take off every video, that would take forever from my iphone!! Yes I have the latest updates on all devices...
    08-20-2019 11:17 AM
    Go to Settings > Photos > Transfer to Mac or PC and set it to Keep Originals.
    The jitter will go away.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    08-20-2019 11:57 AM
    I am taking them FROM the iCloud, not the other way around, and the fact that I do not have Photos Automatically upload to iCloud.

They are jittery when I get them FROM the iCloud onto my Mac, but are OK when I Airdrop them from my iPhone XR!!

Thanks though.
    08-20-2019 05:38 PM
    I am taking them FROM the iCloud, not the other way around, and the fact that I do not have Photos Automatically upload to iCloud.

They are jittery when I get them FROM the iCloud onto my Mac, but are OK when I Airdrop them from my iPhone XR!!

Thanks though.
    1. How do the videos get to iCloud in order for you to download them?

2. Since the photos are not jittery when you AirDrop them from your iPhone X🅁 to your Mac, check the file size and pixel format of the same video downloaded “from iCloud” and “AirDropped from your iPhone X🅁 to see if they are identical.
    08-20-2019 05:58 PM
    They are NOT the same file size because the iPhone 'converts' the video for some reason. The end result pixels ARE the same though, everything else is the same. When downloading from the web, it doesn't 'convert' at all. When I DO select 'compatible' format, it still is jittery when downloaded from the net.

Also, when I tried to direct connect from iPhone to Mac, it still is jittery. ONLY when I transfer via Airdrop does it work better, which is crazy when you have a lot of video to transfer...!!!
    08-20-2019 06:03 PM
    They are NOT the same file size because the iPhone 'converts' the video for some reason. The end result pixels ARE the same though, everything else is the same. When downloading from the web, it doesn't 'convert' at all. When I DO select 'compatible' format, it still is jittery when downloaded from the net.

Also, when I tried to direct connect from iPhone to Mac, it still is jittery. ONLY when I transfer via Airdrop does it work better, which is crazy when you have a lot of video to transfer...!!!
    Are you able to view the video directly from your iCloud account online, and if so, is the video still jittery?
    08-20-2019 06:17 PM
    It is not jittery, just a lower resolution when viewing online.
    08-20-2019 06:22 PM
    It is not jittery, just a lower resolution when viewing online.
    That’s what’s throwing me off. It’s not jittery while viewing it online and it’s not jittery when the video is transferred to the Mac via AirDrop from your iPhone X🅁. Yet, when downloading directly from iCloud and then viewing it on your Mac, it’s jittery.

What happens when you download the video from iCloud using a different web browser? Is it still jittery?
    08-20-2019 06:30 PM
    Nope, all the same. I tried other computers as well with the same results. The videos are in 4k.
    08-20-2019 09:09 PM