Why does this happen? It seems to get stuck. It just started last night. Photos doesn’t seem to upload. It usually happens instantaneously.

07-26-2019 09:52 PM
    Could be file size, network speed, iCloud issue. I know Apple likes you be connected to WiFi and charging before some syncs. I’m not entirely if they have that for photos or not.
    Just_Me_D and dmoskaluk like this.
    07-26-2019 10:52 PM
    Photos generally update when the iPhone is locked, on WiFi and connected to the charger. This is by design, so to safe battery and data.
    When there is only one or two photos taken, it will update over cellular and off charger but there is no guarantee.
    Just_Me_D and dmoskaluk like this.
    07-26-2019 11:30 PM
    Related question. - when on a wireless QI charger, and 'charged' ie light on charger has extinguished, battery icon still green ( 100%) and lightning bolt icon showing, will activity such as synch or iCloud backup still occur as when phone is charged ( same indications) but on a cable. Thinking about 'wee hours' when on charge stand / plate overnight... (?)
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 07-27-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    Annie_M likes this.
    07-27-2019 07:59 AM
    Related question. - when on a wireless QI charger, and 'charged' ie light on charger has extinguished, battery icon still green ( 100%) and lightning bolt icon showing, will activity such as synch or iCloud backup still occur as when phone is charged ( same indications) but on a cable. Thinking about 'wee hours' when on charge stand / plate overnight... (?)
    I would think so!
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    07-27-2019 08:30 AM
    I would think so!
    I only ask because now that we use QI charging most of the time, I see a much wider spectrum of times when the 'last successful backup' occurred. When we simply charged overnight by cable, the norm was 'wee hours' mostly. Now I see some 'mid morning' or later in the day times too. This applies to both my & my Bride's 8Plus phones. The cable charged iPads though seem to usually do their thing between midnight & 5 AM. It's far from a fixation though, just the wandering of an unoccupied mind -bedside table chargers we use, basic but functional at about $25 USD here....Argom Tech...

https://www.argomtech.com/products/f...s-charging-pad
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 07-27-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    07-27-2019 08:42 AM