iCloud storage confusion...

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. My wife is finding it extremely hard to understand what’s going on with her iCloud storage.

We both have 50 Gb storage plans, but yet, she has WAY less backing up to iCloud on her iPhone XS than I do on my X, but is close to maxing out storage. Her iPhone backup totals 7 GB alone, while mine totals 4 GB, with an iPad backup included.

I’ve included screen shots of my storage and hers to show you:

My storage:
CEF10F84-D5F0-437A-AEB4-DE93E74EC469.jpeg

My wife’s:
F32D55E8-6ECF-4AD3-B9BF-646DB6BB0431.jpeg

I’m very tech savvy, but can’t figure out what’s going on with her phone. We even went into GeniusBar and they told her there’s nothing they could do.

Any insight is welcome!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Backup size could be a number of things. Photos seem to be the big space hog. I would consider reducing photos in iCloud. They could be stored on a computer or uploaded to cloud apps like Box, Dropbox, or Google Photos. Just keep the best ones on the device. Otherwise, more iCloud storage will soon be needed.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Backup size could be a number of things. Photos seem to be the big space hog. I would consider reducing photos in iCloud. They could be stored on a computer or uploaded to cloud apps like Box, Dropbox, or Google Photos. Just keep the best ones on the device. Otherwise, more iCloud storage will soon be needed.

Yes, this made a huge difference for me. Also photos and graphics in messages can take up alot of space too!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this made a huge difference for me. Also photos and graphics in messages can take up alot of space too!

Before I back up, I go through and delete all images and videos in messages. Also delete all the "Recently Deleted" photos. I try to stay within my free 5 gb.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox