Working on files in realtime?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I'm getting old... but when I upload a certain Excel-files to iCloud and put it on 'share/allow changes', the following happens;
When I share the link to the corresponding person, it will only get downloaded to their harddrive, and whenever this person makes any changes to the file, these changes are only stored on their local harddrive.

- What am I doing wrong here?
I want to be able to work on Excel files in realtime with a few people... seeing changes on the go, as they happen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I use Excel at work, I rarely "share" my files for collaboration purposes. With that being said, I can only assume the sharing capabilities are similar to Apple's own office suite. With Apple Pages on my MacBook Pro, I created a letter and at the end of the letter, I put "Sincerely, Just Me, D". Afterwards, I shared a link to the file by emailing it to another one of my email accounts of which I accessed via my iPhone X, it opened the file and allowed me to edit it. After selecting done, the edited document was visible on my MacBook Pro.

Deanna A Self

Jun 23, 2021
Visit site
https://pdfchef.com/split-pdf.html
On my Mac, I use Preview, a bundled app with macOS.

On my work computer, it’s Adobe Acrobat Standard DC.

I have never tried to do that on iPhone or iPad.

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried this on a mobile device either. I am just trying to master this feature on my laptop. I watched the video on YouTube at my request. In the video, the guy recommended splitting the PDF file into separate pages using a tool https://pdfchef.com/split-pdf.html This can be done online. While watching the video, it seemed to me that everything is simple, but I have not yet tested it in practice. If interested, I can share the result with you.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods