Is it possible to use iCloud Drive only for selected files, just as you would do with a pendrive (but being able to see them from different devices)?
    Each time I try to do that on the Mac, the system asks me to enable iCloud Drive. Then I see some kind of syncing starting and that worries me. At that point I stop it lest it starts copying all my files in iCloud Drive, which is highly undesired.

Any suggestion?
    Thanks in advance
    Sgruttendio
    08-07-2018 05:00 PM
    Is it possible to use iCloud Drive only for selected files, just as you would do with a pendrive (but being able to see them from different devices)?
    Yes, you can.
    Each time I try to do that on the Mac, the system asks me to enable iCloud Drive.
    . Yes, you must enable iCloud Drive.
    Then I see some kind of syncing starting and that worries me. At that point I stop it lest it starts copying all my files in iCloud Drive, which is highly undesired.
    . In regard to it syncing, yes, it will sync with app and devices that already have files associated with iCloud/iCloud Drive. It will not start uploading files on your hard drive that has nothing to do with iCloud.

Any suggestion?
    Thanks in advance
    Sgruttendio
    Enable iCloud and then let it do its thing. Afterwards, drag and drop whatever file or folder you want to it in the same manner you would Dropbox.
    08-07-2018 06:51 PM
    Much easier to use some non-Apple service in this instance.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-07-2018 08:21 PM
    Thanks you all!
    08-08-2018 05:59 AM
    BTW. I did as suggested. At the moment Finder is not answering. I suspect is doing something about synchronization.
    I had to uncheck many applications in the Option... part of iCloud Drive. While I unchecked other applications popped up with the checkbox checked, it was a kind of a rush, and one wonders why should synch by default.
    I think this is a typical instance of Apple messing up things for people familiar with computers to favour people not familiar with computers (kind of "Save as..." removed). And this really drives me crazy!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-08-2018 06:11 AM
    Thanks you all!
    You’re very welcome...
    08-08-2018 06:51 AM
    After three hours, still rotating beach-ball in the Finder... (that was just after enabling iCloud Drive). No apparent network traffic. I am afraid I have to reboot...
    08-08-2018 09:16 AM
    @sgruttendio did you reboot? What was the outcome?
    I need closure
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-09-2018 11:16 AM