Hi everyone,
    i have a question re iCloud and I'm tearing what bit of hair I've got left out trying to resolve it.
    Why is it that when you create an album in iCloud pictures, and you import pictures from either your photo stream or you upload them, the pictures are not in the same order that they were taken?
    I'm using iCloud for windows to upload the images from a windows laptop as i don't own a mac but i've been assured this is irrelevant and the pictures should be in the album in the same order as they were taken/in the photo stream on the cloud.
    Really looking forward to hearing any advice or suggestions.
    Thanks in advance Andrew
    01-31-2018 01:47 PM
    Hi Andrew!

First of all, welcome to iMore. As to your question, I don't have a specific answer for you immediately. I do have a suggestion for you. If you are lucky enough to live near an Apple Store, there are a series of "workshops" offered under the label of "Today At Apple". One of these is called "How To: Organize Your Photos". This would probably be a great place to help you learn all about the ins and outs of dealing with your photos.

Apple also offers something called "Studio Hours" where you can go in and work on a variety of projects. Staff will be present to assist and these sessions are 90 minutes long. You must pre-register for these sessions.

And finally, when you get a chance, please introduce yourself in this thread for new members!
    02-01-2018 10:28 AM
    Yes I’ve had the same issue...not sure exactly when it started but I noticed it with iOS 11.. if you go into your albums you can rearrange them by holding down lightly on the pic and dragging it.. I’ve fixed a couple of my year folders..I’ve got several more to go.. I fix them when I have time.. it is Very annoying..
    02-02-2018 01:14 AM
    Hello again, thanks for the welcome.
    Please let me expand a bit on the situation, i'm actually disabled and travelling to the nearest store is not really practical but thanks all the same.
    Regarding the problem itself. this hasn't recently occurred since installing ios11, i've been enduring it for over 16 months and have had numerous cases opened and closed by Apple Technical help who have been unable to reach a resolution.
    I've even been told "its because you are using a windows device to upload them", when in fact the situation is nothing to do with the windows device.
    The photos are on the cloud in the same order as they were taken. The problem is that when you move the pictures into an album they are not loaded in the same order and you cannot move/edit the order in the album, so in my case when i want to view the photos in the same order as they were taken, you cannot!
    This is really infuriating as i have various albums containing pictures which you need to view in the original order they were taken (house restoration, wedding pictures, holiday trip etc ).
    Any additional help will be greatly accepted as the current situation with Apple help is "its accepted behaviour and you need to accept the situation"
    Sincere regards
    Andrew
    02-02-2018 01:15 PM
    Hello again, thanks for the welcome.
    Please let me expand a bit on the situation, i'm actually disabled and travelling to the nearest store is not really practical but thanks all the same.
    Regarding the problem itself. this hasn't recently occurred since installing ios11, i've been enduring it for over 16 months and have had numerous cases opened and closed by Apple Technical help who have been unable to reach a resolution.
    I've even been told "its because you are using a windows device to upload them", when in fact the situation is nothing to do with the windows device.
    The photos are on the cloud in the same order as they were taken. The problem is that when you move the pictures into an album they are not loaded in the same order and you cannot move/edit the order in the album, so in my case when i want to view the photos in the same order as they were taken, you cannot!
    This is really infuriating as i have various albums containing pictures which you need to view in the original order they were taken (house restoration, wedding pictures, holiday trip etc ).
    Any additional help will be greatly accepted as the current situation with Apple help is "its accepted behaviour and you need to accept the situation"
    Sincere regards
    Andrew
    I gave a suggestion in my earlier post..
    02-02-2018 04:20 PM
    I gave a suggestion in my earlier post..
    Doesn't work in all albums. It works in albums I've created but not in the default album.
    02-02-2018 04:53 PM
    Hi xboxbml,

Unfortunately your suggestion of manually moving the pictures within the album wont work at all at my end.

I've even tried doing your suggestion and moving the pictures into albums I've created using different operating systems but this wont work, as well as uploading the pictures through photo stream from the devices taking the pictures (ipad and iphone) but again it doesn't work.

What i cannot understand is according to Apple they don't know of anyone else this is happening to, but a search on Google shows there are others experiencing the same issues but no one knows a resolution....any other suggestions will be greatly received !!
    02-03-2018 05:42 AM
    Hopefully, Apple will address this at some point. In the meantime, you can send Apple feedback on this issue. They do read feedback..

Feedback
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
    02-03-2018 06:59 PM