Can’t backup on iTunes and iCloud

grownupgambino

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
A week ago my iPhone 5 started acting up: slow, laggy, black screen with loading wheel sometimes while using apps, etc. Then, I turned it off and it wouldn’t turn back on. So I connected it to iTunes and did the latest iOS update available (iOS 10.3.3 for iPhone 5, before that it was on the last iOS before that one). I thought bout doing a backup on iTunes and then restoring it to fix the issues, but when I tried to, it said « backup couldn’t be completed because the iPhone disconnected » even though my iPhone kept showing up on iTunes and was connected. I tried on 3 different computers with different cables. I thought about signing out of iCloud and back in, but still no fix. I got an appointment with Genius Bar, and they told me to buy iCloud storage and do the backup on iCloud. I did that, and now when I try to backup on iCloud, it says the backup couldn’t be completed. I’ve reset all settings, reset network settings, I did a few hard resets, etc but I still can’t back up. Any ideas on what to do? What the **** is wrong with my iPhone? I’m going crazy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Turn the phone completely off. Wait about 30 seconds, and then turn it back on. Do the same for your computer. Make sure you’re using the latest version of iTunes as well as a new charging cable. Now try to do an iTunes backup.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I had the same exact problem when wanting to restore my new iPad from the backup from the other. I finally gave up. Using my new iPad well as new. All that I did was to install the applications that I use most often to the new iPad and that was it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner