"This maintains a high level of security and ensures that your primary Apple ID password won’t be collected or stored by any third-party apps you might use"

Source: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT204915
    Sorry, but horse has already left the barn, because I've already given these 3rd Party apps the access code. And the letter out didn't say anything about changing your master password to iCloud before doing all this. If you can.
    And frankly, given the companies' apps I have given access to iCloud, I'm not sure they are any worse threat than Apple is.

Apple tried to initiate this a few years ago and it simply didn't fly then. Daresay they are using currently media reports as 'incentive' to make it seem like you'll be more secure. Not convinced.

May yet end biting the bullet - or, contrariwise, say' screw it' and use other apps and syncing bypassing iCloud entirely.
    05-16-2017 03:06 PM
    Sorry, but horse has already left the barn, because I've already given these 3rd Party apps the access code. And the letter out didn't say anything about changing your master password to iCloud before doing all this. If you can.
    And frankly, given the companies' apps I have given access to iCloud, I'm not sure they are any worse threat than Apple is.

Apple tried to initiate this a few years ago and it simply didn't fly then. Daresay they are using currently media reports as 'incentive' to make it seem like you'll be more secure. Not convinced.

May yet end biting the bullet - or, contrariwise, say' screw it' and use other apps and syncing bypassing iCloud entirely.
    You may be right...
    05-16-2017 03:08 PM
    You may be right...
    IIABDFI (If It Ain't Broke...)
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-16-2017 03:14 PM
    I'm not even sure what apps I have that will be affected with this. I don't use two factor anything, nor do I want to.
    Good. They'll target you first before they get to me then!
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-16-2017 04:03 PM
    Good. They'll target you first before they get to me then!
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-16-2017 04:18 PM
30 12