I know how to do it but has anyone changed their AppleID?

I've used the same one for years (my Hotmail) but as this is a very childish address which I created when I was 13 I think it's about time I change it to something more adult.

Just wondered what implications there are besides having to update it on all my devices.
    02-08-2017 06:03 AM
    You can change the email address associated with your Apple ID without losing anything. You may/probably will have to re-log in to iCloud and iTunes on each device. But nothing will change.

https://support.apple.com/explore/managing-apple-id
    02-08-2017 06:25 AM
    I changed the email on my Apple ID a few years ago. Went smooth.
    02-08-2017 10:54 AM
    Yep, I did!

The only downside is that purchases won't transfer, even if you backup with your new Apple ID.
    They'll stay on your device but if you delete them or factory reset, you'll have to buy them again.
    02-10-2017 11:45 PM
    Yep, I did!

The only downside is that purchases won't transfer, even if you backup with your new Apple ID.
    They'll stay on your device but if you delete them or factory reset, you'll have to buy them again.
    I didn't lose any purchases when I changed the email address associated with my Apple ID. I've never had to buy purchased apps again.
    02-11-2017 06:37 AM
    I didn't lose any purchases when I changed the email address associated with my Apple ID. I've never had to buy purchased apps again.
    Oh I did!
    When I wanted to restore from an iCloud backup with my new Apple ID, I was prompted to enter my former Apple ID password to restore purchases made with it.
    So I had to buy them again, since they're linked to the Apple ID and not to the device.
    02-11-2017 06:59 AM
    Oh I did!
    When I wanted to restore from an iCloud backup with my new Apple ID, I was prompted to enter my former Apple ID password to restore purchases made with it.
    So I had to buy them again, since they're linked to the Apple ID and not to the device.
    Did you create a NEW Apple ID or merely change the email address associated with your Apple ID (which keeps it as the same account not a new account)?
    02-11-2017 08:44 AM