storage section:
photos: 353.1MB
353.1mb photo libary
4kb shared photo stream

icloud section:
photos - icloud library 3.9 gb
41 photos 0 videos

This is the same amount of photos shown in the camera roll and on icloud.com

Anyone know why the storage in icloud is way greater than the actual storage on the device?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iCloud storage and the device storage are not supposed to be the same. There may be things in iCloud that are not on your device. For example, I have app data in iCloud for apps I no longer keep on my phone.

yahrite808

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
iCloud storage and the device storage are not supposed to be the same. There may be things in iCloud that are not on your device. For example, I have app data in iCloud for apps I no longer keep on my phone.

Icould.com shows the exact same photos as stored on the phone. Where would I look to see what else is taking up space in the photos section?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Icould.com shows the exact same photos as stored on the phone. Where would I look to see what else is taking up space in the photos section?

Yes the photos would be the same. The photos app has more than just photos. They added new features in iOS 10. This apparently takes space. Right now I have 141 photos on my camera roll. But it shows 512 mb in usage > Manage storage in settlngs. The addition of the "people", "places" and "selfie" albums has to be the difference. It's my guess anyways.

yahright808

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
As a follow up:

I contacted apple support and apparently photos and videos did not 'properly' delete, they got stuck somewhere in cyber space. The apple technician's were able to restore and then I had to manually delete. All is well now

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As a follow up:

I contacted apple support and apparently photos and videos did not 'properly' delete, they got stuck somewhere in cyber space. The apple technician's were able to restore and then I had to manually delete. All is well now

Glad you got it sorted out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2