So basically my concern is using iCloud on all devices... For example what if I have a MacBook, iPhone and iPad.. Lets just say for some miracle my laptop gets a virus, will this exploit my iCloud email and password and will they be able to cause havoc across all platforms? I don't know if that makes any sense? Will the two step verification make this harder to do?
    11-22-2016 06:59 PM
    No matter what cloud service you decide to use, safety depends on the habits of the user. Any service can be exploited. Two-step and two-factor authorization are extra layers of security and nothing more. Using common sense while surfing the internet and being cautious of email from people not among your contacts can lessen the risk of being exploited.
    srsjohn21 and niharikasarma like this.
    11-22-2016 07:02 PM
    No matter what cloud service you decide to use, safety depends on the habits of the user. Any service can be exploited. Two-step and two-factor authorization are extra layers of security and nothing more. Using common sense while surfing the internet and being cautious of email from people not among your contacts can lessen the risk of being exploited.
    Thank you for your feedback. The reason why I ask is because about 2 weeks ago I got some sort of FREE IPHONE safari browser thing. It kept coming up every other day or sometimes 2-3 times in a hour usage of browsing the net. I only use my phone for browsing simple basic sites like the New York times, cnn and some Facebook browsing (I never click on any links). I only have 4 apps from the App Store and they are common apps like amazon and such. So thats why is kinda don't understand is how I got that FREE IPHONE safari thing so I just worry that if my phone browser got it could my other devices get it too on the same iCloud.
    11-23-2016 02:44 AM
    Thank you for your feedback. The reason why I ask is because about 2 weeks ago I got some sort of FREE IPHONE safari browser thing. It kept coming up every other day or sometimes 2-3 times in a hour usage of browsing the net. I only use my phone for browsing simple basic sites like the New York times, cnn and some Facebook browsing (I never click on any links). I only have 4 apps from the App Store and they are common apps like amazon and such. So thats why is kinda don't understand is how I got that FREE IPHONE safari thing so I just worry that if my phone browser got it could my other devices get it too on the same iCloud.
    Sounds like u got something..maybe from FB.. I'll get those pop ups in FB sometimes and I just then close out FB and go back in.. if it happens in safari, I'll do the same thing...make sure you have Block Popups turned on in Settings under Safari.. Also might want to Clear History and Website Data in Settings under Safari..that may help..
    11-23-2016 08:11 AM