I have in some cases found myself in situations where I have no internet connections, neither Cellular nor WIFI while traveling abroad.
    Sometimes I need access to important files, such as copies of my travel documents, site specific maps and directions, etc.
    I have been able to solve this problem using DropBox which has a feature called "make available offline" which essentially saves a copy of the file onto my device.
    I have searched to find out if such an option is available on icloud Drive, but I have not been able to find anything about it.
    Do i know if such an option is available, and if it is not, is there a work-around?
    05-16-2016 01:52 PM
  2. John Yester said: Best Answer

As long as you have the iCloud Drive option checked in the iCloud pane of System Preferences, iCloud copies all the documents stored in your iCloud account to your Mac, so you can work with them offline
    As long as you have the iCloud Drive option checked in the iCloud pane of System Preferences, iCloud copies all the documents stored in your iCloud account to your Mac, so you can work with them offline
    05-16-2016 02:40 PM